Strange Vibration NEED HELP - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 02-16-2013, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Danzy55
2013 JK Wrangler 

Strange Vibration NEED HELP

I have a very strange vibration in my 2010 JK Sahara. Only happens in 1st or 2nd low speed. Weird vibration noise seems to be coming from the center stack or from the driver or passenger foot well area.

IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU PLEASE TELL ME It can drive you insane!! See clip below you can hear it at 0:06/ 0:17/0:25/0:31/0:45-48

Thanks
Shane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZIqSQAJaJi0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like the brakes/rotors to me? Maybe front drive shaft but I'm just guessing at this point. Any lift on the Jeep? Miles?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
post #3 of 13 Old 02-16-2013, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Danzy55
2013 JK Wrangler 

37,000 miles, no lift bone stock....strange only hear it normally when its warmed up and when stopped shift into 1st let out the clutch you hear it then shifting into 2nd again same vibration then its gone once your up to highway speed not a damn thing.......bizarre.

post #4 of 13 Old 02-16-2013, 04:38 PM
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Maybe a heat shield under you?
post #5 of 13 Old 02-16-2013, 05:40 PM
gcan
2008 JK Wrangler 

ur brakes & rotors can be possible. ur rotors warp in time. it can be be ur transfer case gears if ur in 4x4 when it happens. it can also be cv joints yet that would be more at high speeds.
when u brake does ur truck vibrate?
also check ur uv joints. see if u can move ur drive shafts. u should not be able to @ all.
check tires by moving side to side or top to bottom if top to bottom its cv joints, side to side its tii rod ends.
good luck...
gcans other half (myk)
post #6 of 13 Old 02-17-2013, 10:06 AM
GPV
2008 JK Wrangler 

Do you hear when only when you operate the clutch?

Sean

2008 Jeep JK Rubicon Unlimited (Bought for Wife)
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax (Work Horse)
1982 Honda CB 900F Supersport
2001 Honda RC51
post #7 of 13 Old 02-17-2013, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Danzy55
2013 JK Wrangler 

if your at a light then let out the clutch and start moving the rattle noise is heard depress the clutch to go into 2nd no noise let it out and the rattle can be heard for a second or two tops then it goes away.

The brakes/rotors are good, front end is nice and tight. Just a bizarre noise sounds like the heating vent is rattling around or something......dropping it into the dealer to give it a once over.

Dealer tech thinks it might be a body panel loose.......??

Since the noise is coming from the center stack footwell area under the glove box maybe a heat shield or something is rattling around but you would think it would be present all the time.
post #8 of 13 Old 02-17-2013, 03:14 PM
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

Check the heat shield on your exhaust cross member. If that spot weld breaks it will give you a little vibration under the foot wells.

If you learned something new today, you had a good day.
post #9 of 13 Old 03-06-2013, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Danzy55
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well got back from a trip picked up the Jeep no noise.....told me the inner fender was loose and not lined up properly. So far so good no noise. I did have the fenders repainted after I bought due to some crappy Jeep paint job under warranty guess the dealer didn't tighten them down or something.
post #10 of 13 Old 03-06-2013, 02:32 PM
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzy55
Well got back from a trip picked up the Jeep no noise.....told me the inner fender was loose and not lined up properly. So far so good no noise. I did have the fenders repainted after I bought due to some crappy Jeep paint job under warranty guess the dealer didn't tighten them down or something.
My front inner fenders were loose from the factory. The top bolt in them is tightened all the way but the inner fenders still moved around on the top, and on the back they flapped around and hit the metal body. At freeway speeds you'd hear stuff flapping around underneath. Just piss poor design, but easily fixed with a few zip ties.
post #11 of 13 Old 03-23-2013, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Danzy55
2013 JK Wrangler 

finally figured out the noise. I installed a K&N cold air kit, the end of the air filter is a metal housing, it was just close enough to the frame of the Jeep that when you started moving the stress from the engine would cause it to vibrate thus touching the frame and that sent that noise right into the dash area......Thank heavens.....I was going mad with that damn noise.
post #12 of 13 Old 03-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzy55 View Post
finally figured out the noise. I installed a K&N cold air kit, the end of the air filter is a metal housing, it was just close enough to the frame of the Jeep that when you started moving the stress from the engine would cause it to vibrate thus touching the frame and that sent that noise right into the dash area......Thank heavens.....I was going mad with that damn noise.
Damn CAIs! Never hear anything good about them.

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
post #13 of 13 Old 03-23-2013, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Danzy55
2013 JK Wrangler 

I know.....felt like a real ***! Funny thing was the Jeep dealer swore it was my inner fender liners....gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling if I ever have a real problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in