Splash/Mud Guards - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 28 Old 12-13-2007, 07:08 PM
gravely_todd
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well, with the talk of mudflaps on this thread, I decided to buy a set from my dealer and I put them on tonight. I know that most people don't think they go with a Wrangler, but I kind of like them and I hope it will help keep the winter slop down a bit....They were easy to put on and did have to drill a few holes, but it was very easy and instructions were very good and they fit nice. I am happy with them..

Todd

2008 Sahara 2-door
Red Rock / Khaki
6-speed, Dual Tops, MyGig, Power and Tow Package
and YES I like the silver bumper inserts !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 Old 12-13-2007, 07:35 PM
wraithyjeep

i have mud flaps
these work great off road to haven't had any issue yet.
post #18 of 28 Old 12-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

I've been thinking about a set myself. I don't mind the JK being dirty if I've been through the mud with it, but just regular day to day driving, it's impossible to keep clean, especially since it's black. The width of my tires also has a lot to do with it too I suppose. I'm contemplating mud flaps, wider fenders, or both. My tires are 12.5" wide, so they stick out some, but not a ridiculous amount.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.

post #19 of 28 Old 12-14-2007, 02:09 PM
TheGillz
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithyjeep
i have mud flaps
these work great off road to haven't had any issue yet.
Where did you get these? They look pretty custom, did you have to fab some stuff?

2008 Unlimited X-Jeep Green:Dual Top:6-Spd:Tow-Group:Trac-loc Lim Slip:Hauls: HOT wife, two girls (11&7), Newf
......[――――]―]...........…./―|―|――[°°°°]
.....|――――|―|―|――|__|¬|._|__
0lllllll0¬
.....|―/―――\―\_|__|――ΊŒ---------¬<=##=>
.....― (o)_)-)_)........…(o)_)χ)_(o)_)χ)_)
post #20 of 28 Old 12-15-2007, 09:20 AM
dodco1

2007 JK Wrangler 

I put just the fronts on after a trip up to the mountains and my wife had to ask me to open her door for her because there was about 5 pounds of mud dripping off of the door handles. They also keep the majority of the mud off of the rear fenders so people can get in to he back seat and not have to drag their butts across the mud.

I think they are a great investment.

DoDco Dan
2007 Wrangler 4dr
and other toys
post #21 of 28 Old 04-20-2008, 02:31 PM
marmotmb
2007 JK Wrangler 

I was hesitant to put mud flaps on (damage off roading) but after driving in the rain last week with the doors off (and lots of snow today, doors on) I saw that something had to be done to save some dirty seats and interior.

I bought some simple flat car mud flaps from Canadian Tire.

I set them so the bottom of the mud guard was no lower than the rock rail bottom. Also these slipped easily under the stock interior wheel well plastic and only required three screws to install. I did place one screw through the flap and interior wheel well plastic and into the plastic cap on the end of the rock rail.

Then I used some rubber floor mat material and slipped put this over the interior wheel well plastic (to help reduce cracking and holes in factory wheel well). I let this rubber matting hang down 3.5" below the mud flap. This was long enough to keep the road spray down, and not long enough to get caught up on the wheel when backing up over obstacles. I used three screws to secure the rubber mating.

Can't say it won't get ripped off but chances are slim I think. I haven't done any off-roading yet, only had it 1 week so far.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...08474396672518

Installed pics
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...p/IMG_0075.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...p/IMG_0074.jpg

Last edited by marmotmb; 04-20-2008 at 02:32 PM. Reason: stinky linky
post #22 of 28 Old 09-15-2009, 07:27 AM
AJ in Japan
Jeeps and Bikes - Yea!
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Unlimited View Post
I have an 08 Sahara with the black step bars. They are pretty thick so I do not see how any rocks would get by the step. They cover the gap at the bottom of the fender. I am still going to probably install the fronts anyway and maybe the rears.
I am thinking about removing the black steps and mud flaps when I do my 2.5" BL and 35s to accentuate the lift. Hmmm ... decisions, decisions

AJ in Japan
2007 2-Door Sahara in Black - "Sarah"
2004 Vulcan 2000 - "The Dude"

Mods:

3.5” Skyjacker lift / Currie adjustable control arms (all 8) / Skyjacker dual steering stabilizer /
Poly Performance front and rear track bar relocation kits RHD / Poly Performance high steer kit with drag link flip adapter / 35/12.50/18 BFG Mud Terrain tires on stock painted rims with 1.5” Spidertrax wheel spacers / 5.13 Superior Gears front and rear /gear ratio, tire size and 91 octane performance adjusted with Superchips controller / ARB differential covers / Skid Row front skid plate / Mopar undercarriage skid plates (stock in Japan) / Mopar Rock Crawler bumpers front and rear with rear tire carrier / High Lift Jack mounted on rear bumper (when off roading) / Smittybuilt black D-Rings front and rear / Rampage Products Convertible Side Bar/Rocker Guards / AEV Heat Reduction Hood with AEV Snorkel / 1” over fender extensions / KC running lights on windshield and front bumper / Stubby antenna in black/ Warrior Products Mirror Relocation Brackets when doors are off / Meiwa Ultra Performance Muffler / B & M transmission cooler / Quadratec Ultimate Front Floor Liners / Off Road Heroes Soft Top / Daystar Hood latches and spare tire bump stops / Glass lens headlights with H-4 bulbs (stock in Japan) – headlight and fog bulbs changed to Sylvania Silverstars / Off Road guards for headlights, fog lights and tail lights / MS Plus Navigation System / rear seat removed (1st mod) / and other stuff I can’t remember now

Next: Change the junk Skyjacker Nitro shocks to Bilstein 5100s (on back order now per Dave at Northridge) and change the junk Skyjacker sway bar disconnects to JKS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doing it on the left side in Kanazawa, Ishikawa Japan.

Riding a motorcycle is the only time in my existence when I can completely lose myself only to find myself.

It's not the destination.........

It's the ride!
post #23 of 28 Old 09-15-2009, 08:11 AM
vanner77
2007 JK Wrangler 

if anyone wants i have 4 splash gaurds and black side step bars from my 07 4 dr x

Current:
2007 Unlimited X 6spd - Stock for now
Graveyard:
2001 TJ - 4 cyl 5spd 31x13.50 TSL
2003 Dakota 4.7
post #24 of 28 Old 09-15-2009, 10:28 AM
victory red
2012 JK Wrangler 

after seeing what the PA winter was doing to front doors/hinges on my black rubi, this was a must. got the mopar front and back. very happy with them. i see husky came out with the same design.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...ded+Mud+Guards
post #25 of 28 Old 09-16-2009, 06:56 AM
UTAH

2009 Jeep Sahara w/front & rear Mopar molded splashguards. They're more effective up front where they keep my side bars from loading up with slush and ice.

Bill

'97 Land Rover D90
'03 TJ Rubicon
'14 JK-8 Freedom Edition
'14 KL Cherokee Trailhawk
post #26 of 28 Old 09-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Silver_Hilton
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory red View Post
after seeing what the PA winter was doing to front doors/hinges on my black rubi, this was a must. got the mopar front and back. very happy with them. i see husky came out with the same design.

Husky Front Custom Molded Mud Guards - Quadratec
I put The Mopar mudflaps on my 2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited shortly after buying it last spring thinking that they would help keep the mud and gravel off my Jeep, but more importantly would help keep that stuff off my fiberglass driftboat, which I tow here in Montana much of the summer.

While the mudflaps must have helped some, I still got lots of gravel thrown all over my lower rear door hinges and rear fender flares - both look like crap after a couple hundred miles of slow drivng on gravel roads.

If I were to do it over, I would consider putting something like the Sahara-type running boards (or better yet, a steel rock guard that extends like the Sahara running boards) on my Jeep from the start, in addition to the mudflaps.

Belatedly, I put some 3M protective film on my door hinges, but the gravel just eats it up. I'm sure that the Goodyear mud tires on the Rubicon don't help the situation.

John
post #27 of 28 Old 11-12-2011, 09:57 AM
mayo77ca

Do u have to take off the wheels to get access to drill?
post #28 of 28 Old 11-13-2011, 04:26 PM
rsgio

You only have to take the back tires off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in