Soft Top Stretch - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 08-01-2010, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
ramath0294

Soft Top Stretch

Does Anybody have this problem I have a 2010 4dr JK and when we take the back and side windows out. The rear pilars always pop out of there track from normal around town driving its kind of a pain it seems that the have scretched in this location other then this the top has been perfect no issues the jeep only has 3k miles so i dont want it to get worst....Any help would be awesome....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 08-01-2010, 06:18 PM
DeepSky

2007 JK Wrangler 

If I understand you correctly you are saying that the rear door surrounds get pulled out of their resting spot on the tub rail when you have the back and side windows out? Or are you saying that the rear sail panels in the very back pop out of the tub rail & plastic clips?

EDIT: Welcome to the forum BTW.

2003 Patriot Blue Wrangler SE - RCX 2.5" Kit on 31x10.5 Firestone M/Ts and stock the rest of the way.
2007 Flame Red Wrangler Unlimited X - Skyjacker 4" Kit on 35x12.5 Cooper Discovery STT(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #3 of 17 Old 08-01-2010, 07:28 PM
jbco
2009 JK Wrangler 

I think he is referring to the sail panels. If that is the case, they should not be popping out of the track. You should still be under warranty with a 2010, have the dealer fix or replace it for free.

post #4 of 17 Old 08-01-2010, 08:27 PM
itasor

2009 JK Wrangler 

Does the 2010 soft top frame click in above the door surrounds? I know if I don't have my 2009 frame clicked in above each door surround, there isn't much pressure on the sail panels and they easily come out. Once clicked in though, they stay in even at highway speeds.
post #5 of 17 Old 08-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Jos360
2010 JK Wrangler 

The 2010 has on both left and right side above the middle crossbar (just above your head) a clip that your soft-top frame should click into. If that is clicked together well and the rear soft pillar still pops out of the tub, there is something wrong. I've never had that happen and it seems pretty hard, as the softtop is still pretty tight on there.

2010 Jeep JK Unlimited. Sahara, 6spd manual, Deep Water Blue.
post #6 of 17 Old 08-03-2010, 04:02 PM
ncb

Are the nylon straps loose from the last bow?
post #7 of 17 Old 08-03-2010, 05:48 PM
JeffinWesternWA
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramath0294 View Post
Does Anybody have this problem I have a 2010 4dr JK and when we take the back and side windows out. The rear pilars always pop out of there track from normal around town driving its kind of a pain it seems that the have scretched in this location other then this the top has been perfect no issues the jeep only has 3k miles so i dont want it to get worst....Any help would be awesome....
MURDER of the Queens english here...wh'ad he say????

JeffinWesternWA
post #8 of 17 Old 08-11-2010, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
ramath0294

I am ref to the rear sails that pop out all the time (top half down) , (top full ) but only if the windows are all down and all zipped if i leave the rear window in and roll it up its a lil better but is very flappy.I do notice it more on smoking hot days but when i look at older jk not sure what year its not as bad as mind. I am almost + that when he went over the truck he said the top was not under the warr. like the rest of the truck he said it falls under like tires,brakes,top. I could never go out on (95) or highway deff would pop out and flap in the wind looks terr gets on my nerves... I need to stop by the dealer later on i hate dealing with them . Its only 5 weeks old
post #9 of 17 Old 08-12-2010, 05:41 AM
krutj

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramath0294 View Post
I am ref to the rear sails that pop out all the time (top half down) , (top full ) but only if the windows are all down and all zipped if i leave the rear window in and roll it up its a lil better but is very flappy.I do notice it more on smoking hot days but when i look at older jk not sure what year its not as bad as mind. I am almost + that when he went over the truck he said the top was not under the warr. like the rest of the truck he said it falls under like tires,brakes,top. I could never go out on (95) or highway deff would pop out and flap in the wind looks terr gets on my nerves... I need to stop by the dealer later on i hate dealing with them . Its only 5 weeks old
That is BS.........

Mine was sewn poorly from the factory, replaced under warranty.

Your dealer doesn't know crap....I don't think that I'd have much confidence in a dealer like that.

-- Joel --
post #10 of 17 Old 08-12-2010, 06:01 AM
BigRed09
2009 JK Wrangler 

my sail panels flap like crazy but they dont pop out. mine's got 13k miles, have driven it up to 80 mph down the the beaches, down to myrtle beach, and on 95 quite often and they havent come out. your dealer doesnt know anything at all, take it back and make them fix it.

Mods so far: Mastercraft handles front and rear, Rugged Ridge euro rear tail light guards, Rugged Ridge mirror movers.
post #11 of 17 Old 08-12-2010, 08:39 AM
ncb

The sail panels hold at highway speeds on my Jeep. I no longer get on the highway with the rear windows out after seeing how bad they flap. Your sail panels are too long or the wide nylon straps that attach to the rear bow have pulled from the rivets or are too long. You should have a good amount of tension on the nylon straps.
post #12 of 17 Old 08-12-2010, 08:43 AM
c6bix

I like the look

Nice
post #13 of 17 Old 08-12-2010, 09:32 AM
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6bix View Post
Nice
Say what?
post #14 of 17 Old 09-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Brmelissa

I am having the same problems with my sail panels. If I have the top half way down & all windows out, then the sail panels will pop out of the track. So irritating & embarrassing, I have to stop on the side of the road to fix. Usually when driving over about 45mph. So is there something wrong that the top needs to be replaced?
post #15 of 17 Old 09-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Celtic
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itasor View Post
Does the 2010 soft top frame click in above the door surrounds? I know if I don't have my 2009 frame clicked in above each door surround, there isn't much pressure on the sail panels and they easily come out. Once clicked in though, they stay in even at highway speeds.

Ramath,

I did not see your reply to itasor. Are you sure the top is clicked in to the top of the door frames? If it is not clicked in properly on both sides, there will not be enough tension on the rear bow to hold the sail panel clips securely under the body lips on the rear corners. This would be most noticeable when the only the front of the top is folded halfway back (Sunrider position?).

Tags
JK Wrangler , pulling out , sail panel , soft top , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in