Soft Top Back Window - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-13-2008, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
TampaJK2008

Soft Top Back Window

Hello all. Just wondering if anyone is having the same issue I am having with my back window on my 08 unlimited. The past week or so I decided to just roll the back window up and keep it on the jeep while the top is up. This morning I rolled it back down due to some rain, and it looks horrible. Is there anyway to get all the kinks and wrinkles out of it??

Also, anyone else have a hard time getting those two elastic straps around the window when it is rolled up? My Tj had similar elastic straps, but they buttoned up around the window when it was rolled up. This one you have to almost rip it to get it around the window.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Rocketjoe

the wrinkles will come out when the sun heats it up .
post #3 of 6 Old 04-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Slenny
2007 JK Wrangler 

Don't roll the window up, it will get scratched to hell

post #4 of 6 Old 04-13-2008, 06:38 PM
paul olllllllo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Location: royal oak michigan (hometown of DR. JACK KEVORKIAN)
On my 05 i prefer to unzip the window and let it lay in the trunk....I leave it attached to the trunk itself. Just un-zip it and push it in. fewer scratches that way.

2008 Flame Red "Captain America" Unlimited.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Alg3188
2007 JK Wrangler 

if you drive with the air on it will blow the windows out and the wrinkles will come outafter a while. the sun will speed up the process.

x2 on the unip and laying in the trunk, last summer i rolled mine up because i wasnt concerned about scratches since i planned on getting tint, and if my windows were scratched to hell what better reason for an upgrade. but this summer itlll just be laid in the cargo area

2007 Jk, 2 door x, 6 spd, soft top
|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)Nobody Gives it to you. You Have To Take it.
Whoever said life is good, must have been driving a Jeep. Stir Things Up
post #6 of 6 Old 04-14-2008, 09:54 AM
psujeeperman02

2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alg3188 View Post
if you drive with the air on it will blow the windows out and the wrinkles will come outafter a while. the sun will speed up the process.

x2 on the unip and laying in the trunk, last summer i rolled mine up because i wasnt concerned about scratches since i planned on getting tint, and if my windows were scratched to hell what better reason for an upgrade. but this summer itlll just be laid in the cargo area
With that said, I have the 08 unlimited sahara. I used to have a YJ with which i learned many dos and dont with the softtop.
Anyway, whenever the weather is nice and i can finally take the windows out, i plan on just unzipping the back window and storing it in the garage while not in use. this should minimize that amount of scratches on it. however, occasionally in the summertime, those thunder storms will pop up pretty quickly and i may not have my back window with me.
Does anyone know that, if it would rain inside the back of the jeep, is the rear woofer enclosed in a water-tight housing? Or, is the sub itself water-resistant?

13 WK = Jeep Slush Mats / Tow Hooks / MOPAR rear trailer hitch and wire harness.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in