Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Remote Start Range

19K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  jstrubberg 
#1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to increase the range of the factory remote start? It seems like the function is way less than 300 ft. and if there is any other cars in front of it, forget about it.

#7 ·
LOL...i always try to tell people about this trick. For those of you that have doubts, IT WORKS!!! test it by walking just out of range of your remote, then put that key right up your chin and hit the button

#5 ·
mongorunner said:
as you're pressing the button, hold it up to the underside of your chin... you can get it to start from 100+ yds. weird ? yes. does it work? yes.
Are you trying to make us look goofy? I'm pretty capable of that on my own! Still I'm going to try this just to see if it is an urban legend. At least you didn't say it works better when doing the chicken dance.

#10 ·
I used to have a Viper alarm with a super high frequency transmitter that was good for 4-5 blocks in the city. It was nice in winter when I wasn't parked right in front of building.

#12 ·
Has anyone attempted in extending the wireless receiver to the top of the sound bar? I purchased this last winter. I didn't like the idea of having 3 different key fobs on my key ring.

#13 ·
Sorry this is slightly off topic but I was looking around at getting an aftermarket remote start for my 07 JK but all the shops I went to said they would not install one on a softop jeep. If I had a hardtop and put it on and came back they said they had no problem with it. Something about the softop being easy to break into and if someone was rummaging around inside and bumped it into gear (manual) and the next morning I fired it up with the remote start it would take off down the road without a driver. Any thoughts? Anyone else been denied a remote start because of their softop?

#16 ·
It so weird. My uncle told me once about the chin thing. I thought he was messing with me till I tried it and it works lol.

I have a viper 5901 alarm and starter and it's great! 1 mile range. And more if there are no obstacles. And my two way pager notifies me if it's started. Alarm functions the same way.

If you're interested pm me.

#17 ·
Get the Iphone app starter ....... Then you can start your JK anywhere you have cell signal from anywhere in the world .... and see that it actually started ....... just sayin' .....
:cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.