Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Radiator Installation Help

894 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnRodriguez 
#1 ·
My Jeep club is having a wrench-fest tomorrow and we will hopefully be installing a new radiator in my '07 JKU. I bought a CSF aluminum radiator, but it did not come with instructions. The website claims OE specific mounting, "drop-in" fitment requiring no modifications, and CNC machined brackets & fittings. Besides coolant, what else will I need to bring with me? Does anyone know of any write-ups available on-line?

#2 ·
:cool: Sorry, I can't do a writeup on your radiator install, but

What happened to your stock radiator ???

I've never heard of a JK rad. failing, except be collision --

I hope you're not replacing it because of cooling problems-

Good luck

:tea: JIMBO

#3 ·
I believe they fail quite often. Mine had multiple leaks. I replaced it today with a CSF all aluminum radiator with two rows for cooling. It would have been easier if my Jeep had a stock air intake, but it wasn't too bad. If I had it to do over again I would have attached the transmission cooler to the radiator before I bolted in the radiator. I would have ordered a radiator cap, because the stock cap was too big. I would have ordered new hoses, because neither Pep boys nor Advance Auto had them in stock.

#4 ·
:D OK, now I understand and sounds like a good move--

I believe they fail quite often. Mine had multiple leaks. I replaced it today with a CSF all aluminum radiator with two rows for cooling. It would have been easier if my Jeep had a stock air intake, but it wasn't too bad. If I had it to do over again I would have attached the transmission cooler to the radiator before I bolted in the radiator. I would also have ordered a radiator cap. The stock cap was too big. I would have also ordered new hoses. Neither Pep boys of Advance Auto had them in stock, so I reused the original hoses.
Thanx --I just hadn't heard/seen/known of any "leak" failures-

Good day

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

#5 ·
pull the air dam off and the plastic bumper cover off below the grill. you will find the radiator drain on the passenger side on the front of the radiator. you will need a 8mm u-joint 1/4 socket to get the 4 bolts that hold the condenser to the radiator. there are two more 8mm bolts on either side of the radiator. other than that you really don't need instructions or a write up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.