Quick lift related spring coil question - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Moezer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-13-2020, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Dvrice

Quick lift related spring coil question

I have a 2013 Wrangler Sahara JKU that had a Rough Country 3.5" installed when I bought the Jeep. This lift has not been bad, but seems to ride very rough and shock casings are rusting pretty bad. Therefore, I am looking at upgrading my lift.

I have found a great price on a brand new Eibach lift (lady totaled her Jeep before installing). The lift is 3.5" but for a JK 2-door.

I checked all the part numbers in the 2-door lift kit vs the 4-door lift kit and everything is identical except for the coils. I assume the 4-door coils are a little longer/stronger for the additional weight of a 4-door compared to 2-door.

My question is if I install this as is with the 3.5" 2-door coils into my 4-door what should I expect? Do you think about 3" instead of 3.5" of lift? I googled he difference in weight between a 2-door and 4-door is only 200 lbs so I wouldn't think it would be a huge difference. Basically, like a passenger getting in the vehicle.

Since I already have a 3.5" Rough Country lift installed, I could install everything from the new Eibach lift except keep and use the existing Rough Country coils that are for a 3.5" 4-door. I didn't know if that would be a better idea. I didn't know if Eibach coils were any better than Rough Country coils.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-13-2020, 09:39 AM
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

It's not a out the weight if the 2 it's a out the rating of the springs.

If u doing the work ur self then swap the shocks and see how it will ride then swap springs and see how it rides

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
222Doc likes this.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-13-2020, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Dvrice

Would you anticipate much difference in height or ride from using the 2-door coils?

post #4 of 6 Old 08-13-2020, 06:15 PM
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrice View Post
Would you anticipate much difference in height or ride from using the 2-door coils?
U gotta see what the spring rating is, being its roughcounty I dont trust there lifts or product as I did a 3.5 lift on my tj back in the day and when it broke in it sagged soo bad I called them and the dude suggested to add lift spacers while the loft I put in was a spring lift needless to say I'll never install their lift on my jeep.

Look at their pricing of lifts compared to the better name big brands out there and it tells u alot.

I would put in the lift and replace all of the rough country lift all together and sell it to recoup some money back and deal with the newer lift ur looking at getting

On my 2015 JKUR I have a teraflex 2.5 spring lift I have had it for over 6 years now and from the mods I have put on my jeep I also have added another 1 inch spacer in the front and 1.75 inch in the rear on top of the spring lift just because of the added weight I have on the jeep.

Got about 100 lbs in a tailgate/tirecarrier on top of my 35 12.5 18 mud tires plus the armor fenders

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
post #5 of 6 Old 08-13-2020, 07:35 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
at 3.5 lift the jeep you bought hows that front drive shaft. Stock one at 2.5 can have issues if flexed well. 3.5 they tend to cause the rubber boot to fail. Look for black grease on the stock ones since its sealed should be clean.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-14-2020, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Dvrice

I looked and everything looks good on my drive shaft boot.

If I am happy with the height of my lift and the stance of the Jeep, then keeping the existing coils and just changing to better shocks should still improve my ride, correct?

Are all springs basically the same, or would/could Eibach could offer some better feel or ride than Rough Country coils?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in