QuadraTop vs. Bestop - HELP - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-07-2016, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
thedogpath

QuadraTop vs. Bestop - HELP

I just got my first wrangler (2010), and it came with a hardtop. I am looking for a soft top for the MN Summers, and am finding it impossible to decide between the Quadratop Complete Premium Sailcloth Top in Black Diamond, and the Bestop Black Diamond Supertop NX.

I've looked on a handful of forums and reviews, and it seems like a split verdict. I like that the Quadratop has the tailgate bar, but maybe the Bestop has that as well? Seems like they are both made of the sailcloth material? I've also read that the Bestop hardware isn't quite as good as the Quadratop, and that the Bestop can be hard to install...

Does anyone have experience with both, or a suggestion on which one to go with? Any and all help is very much appreciated! First time Jeep owner here, just trying to get a handle on the right route!!

Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A16BYJSV53K4W6

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11000_2435K_07.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-07-2016, 12:21 PM
arbakken
2015 JK Wrangler 

I'll be watching this with interest. Quadratop and Bestop are made by the same manufacturer as OE (which happens to be Bestop) so I'd be very interested to find out that they are not exactly the same thing
post #3 of 5 Old 03-07-2016, 03:53 PM
79cj7amc304auto
2013 JK Wrangler 

Brand new factory softops (take offs from dual top customers) are sold in San Diego on CL for 250-500 bucks all day long. Hope you aren't paying full price. The factory twill tops with tinted windows are legit and extremely well priced. Just putting it out there for a new jeeper!!!

post #4 of 5 Old 03-07-2016, 07:46 PM
MikieB
Web Wheeler

2015 WK 

I am in the same boat. I've been thinking about ordering the quadratop. I've also been searching CL everyday for the OEM top but there's never any in my area. The few that do pop up are always for unlimiteds and mine is a 2 door. eBay listings are mostly pick-up only or it's an extra couple hundred dollars to ship. I might as well just order a new one from quadratec.

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited 3.6L

Past Jeeps:
2012 Wrangler Sport
1999 Wrangler Sport
post #5 of 5 Old 03-08-2016, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
thedogpath

That's great! I wish I could find one that price in MN... apparently they aren't used quite so often in these parts!

Tags
bestop , quadratec , soft top

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in