Power Door Locks and Power Windows - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 07-11-2006, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
JurassicMan

Power Door Locks and Power Windows

I just got done examining the fleet production brochure and noticed that it said and I quote,

"Power windows, locks and remote keyless entry-Standard on Sahara, Rubicon and Unlimited models with full doors/Optional on Wrangler X S-CPOS."

Does that mean if I dont want power everything Im going to have to get half doors or an X model? Hopefully Im just reading this wrong.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-11-2006, 11:55 PM
C2U5H

2012 JK Wrangler 

You get them standard but you can probably opt out of them, too.

~J

2012 Crush JK Rubicon on 2.5" and 37s
- see sidebar
post #3 of 9 Old 07-12-2006, 09:15 AM
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

I missed that sentence, but based on the options grid, that's not the conclusion I drew.

Also, this is a fleet guide, and I think options can vary slightly between fleet sale vehicles and retail sale vehicles. Maybe?

post #4 of 9 Old 07-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

why would you not want power locks or windows? especially on a 4-dr vehicle?

Jason West -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 JKUR Hard Rock, RE/Synergy 3.5", 37" GY MTR/Ks
'95 XJ, RE 5.5", 35" MT/Rs, D30 w/hubs & ARB, D44 w/Detroit, 4.56s, C4x4 bumpers, etc, etc.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

post #5 of 9 Old 07-12-2006, 09:56 AM
TurtleMacLeod
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Extra weight when you're taking the doors off? Cherokee guys should sound off on THAT one! lol

I hav a feeling that we'll wind up with the power option on our Unlimited. I doubt we'll take the doors off of the JK as often as I do the TJ, and it'll be nice to have the option of rolling down all the windows without running around the vehicle!
post #6 of 9 Old 07-12-2006, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
JurassicMan

Good to hear that I wont have to have them if I get the full doors, now maybe I can sleep better tonight.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

how often are you going to be putting the doors on and off though? On our TJ, we'll leave the doors off for days at a time. The doors on my XJ don't come off yet.

I'd much rather deal with an extra few pounds in the doors a couple of times a month to be able to enjoy power locks/windows on a daily basis, than have slightly lighter doors and have to reach over all the time to unlock the doors or pull over and stop just to roll all the windows up or down.

Jason West -
|

'16 JKUR Hard Rock, RE/Synergy 3.5", 37" GY MTR/Ks
'95 XJ, RE 5.5", 35" MT/Rs, D30 w/hubs & ARB, D44 w/Detroit, 4.56s, C4x4 bumpers, etc, etc.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

post #8 of 9 Old 07-12-2006, 10:04 AM
TurtleMacLeod
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
how often are you going to be putting the doors on and off though? On our TJ, we'll leave the doors off for days at a time. The doors on my XJ don't come off yet.

I'd much rather deal with an extra few pounds in the doors a couple of times a month to be able to enjoy power locks/windows on a daily basis, than have slightly lighter doors and have to reach over all the time to unlock the doors or pull over and stop just to roll all the windows up or down.
Don't get me wrong; I totally agree with you! I'm just saying that that will be the argument from a lot of folks. That, and the old "It's one more thing to break" argument.

In the summertime? Sun comes out, doors come off. Weather channel says rain is coming? Doors and top go back on until the rain stops, and the doors and top come back off!
post #9 of 9 Old 07-12-2006, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
JurassicMan

It is a nice feature to have it just seems that its one of the first things to go out in vehicles. And it sucks when you cant open your windows due to power failure. If I was going for an Unlimited JK I would probably want the power features but Im sticking with the 2-door. Its not to difficult to reach across and roll down the window or unlock the door.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in