Picked up from service, missing lug! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-24-2015, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Apollo821
2016 WK 

Picked up from service, missing lug!

Hey all,

I was out of town for a couple weeks so I had the wife bring my Jeep into the dealer since it was at 30,000 miles and I wanted the servicing done (change fluids, perform recall, etc). I also had them replace the left rear seatbelt (dog chewed it).

So I get back this weekend and check the seatbelt. The top clip is missing, and it's barely retracting. It won't even hold taught under it's own weight. So I bring it back in, and they check it out and immediately find the top clip somehow came off and slide inside the assembly. Took about 20 minutes, no problem. That was Saturday.

So I get in today and the "change oil" light comes on. What? I also notice that the little sticker they usually put on to remind you of oil changes is the old one. So, clearly they didn't actually change the oil.

Finally I was walking back to the Jeep, and this is the kicker, I notice THERE'S A FREAKING LUG MISSING on the right rear wheel!

What the hell? On a scale of 1-10 how pissed should I be here? I'm at about an 8.5 right now. I called and left a message asking for them to call me back.

Luckily I have spare lugs so I'm just going to put it on, but holy hell man how does that even happen?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-24-2015, 11:24 AM
HappyTrails

2008 JK Wrangler 

Well, the oil change probably happened. They just didn't reset the computer oil change reminder. Turn the ignition to ON, but don't start the engine. Press and release the gas pedal fully 3 times, then turn off the ignition. That will reset the reminder. Easy peasy!
Pull the dip stick and see if the oil looks new.

The lug nut...that is a big WTF? How could they miss that?

I'd ask for some kind of freebie for making you do a couple of return visits.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd probably be about a 6, due to the annoyance of them missing details. But, this is me, and I have not had to deal with this experience.

2008 2-dr Rubicon, auto,
RK 2.5" Max Travel, Rancho 9000XL shocks, 37" Nittos, 5.38's, RR skids, Warn VR8000-S.
RIPP Gen 2 Stg 2 Supercharger.
Political Correctness offends me.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-24-2015, 11:27 AM
wilgeno

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo821 View Post
Hey all,

I was out of town for a couple weeks so I had the wife bring my Jeep into the dealer since it was at 30,000 miles and I wanted the servicing done (change fluids, perform recall, etc). I also had them replace the left rear seatbelt (dog chewed it).

So I get back this weekend and check the seatbelt. The top clip is missing, and it's barely retracting. It won't even hold taught under it's own weight. So I bring it back in, and they check it out and immediately find the top clip somehow came off and slide inside the assembly. Took about 20 minutes, no problem. That was Saturday.

So I get in today and the "change oil" light comes on. What? I also notice that the little sticker they usually put on to remind you of oil changes is the old one. So, clearly they didn't actually change the oil.

Finally I was walking back to the Jeep, and this is the kicker, I notice THERE'S A FREAKING LUG MISSING on the right rear wheel!

What the hell? On a scale of 1-10 how pissed should I be here? I'm at about an 8.5 right now. I called and left a message asking for them to call me back.

Luckily I have spare lugs so I'm just going to put it on, but holy hell man how does that even happen?
You're only at an 8.5 level of pissed off? Wow, you're showing restraint! This is a new level of incompetence that even surpasses the time a oil change shop change my oil in a Jiffy and put the wrong oil filter on an older car that I had. It fell off at the end of a 300 mile road trip.

Which Jeep dealer? I think we should keep a list of all the dealers on this forum and then rate them for quality based on how they treat us when we buy aJeep and how they service the Jeeps.

TeraFlexed '13 Commando Green JKU Black Hardtop roll'n on 35's!

Bug-Out!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't always go topless, but when I do I go Commando!

post #4 of 7 Old 05-24-2015, 11:49 AM
LIJeepJC
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm pissed you didn't get in ur jeep and drive back over! Good luck!
post #5 of 7 Old 05-24-2015, 01:07 PM
Flexin
2016 JK Wrangler 

Like Happytrails said, pull the dip stick and check to see if the oil was changed. Them forgetting to reset a light that wasn't even on before they started isn't a big issue. And forgetting to put the sticker on hurts them more then anything. It helps them get repeat customers.

I would be pissed about the lug nut and the oil change (only if it really wasn't done. The sticker or light wouldn't be an issue).

The seat belt clip would be a pain. I don't think I would be too pissed after finding out it fell off unless they damaged it. These are all reasons why I like to do as much as I can by myself and I try to triple check things when it is done. You should always check the work of others as well. Your life can depend on it.

James
post #6 of 7 Old 05-24-2015, 01:59 PM
RAZORBILL

2014 JK Wrangler 

I have only let a dealer change my oil once. It too was in conjunction with a recall. Of course they jacked it up and the engine had oil all over it was a wonder it didn't catch fire. Never will anyone but me change the oil, or any fluid for that matter, in a vehicle I own.

Previously owned: 80 CJ-5, 97 TJ,99 XJ, 95 YJ,10 JK Rubicon Unlimited, 10 JK Sport
post #7 of 7 Old 05-24-2015, 02:09 PM
JIMBOX

2018 LJ Wrangler 

I never complain about my dealer-

They Reflashed my TQ over 6 years ago--haven't been back since-

Doit your self-then you'll have no complaints

JIMBO

Firecracker Red 2dr RUBICON--2018
Stinger Yellow 2016 RAM/Hemi/8spd auto 4x4

--YA GOTTA HAVE CLASS--

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in