Pic request - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-07-2008, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Patmack18

Pic request

Anyone put 33's on stock Rubicon wheels? I've searched, no luck. Picture if you have one por pavor!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-08-2008, 01:03 AM
mdls4
2008 JK Wrangler 

You're in luck, I just had some installed yesterday, i'm loving it. They're the BFG KM2's - 33's on stock Rubicon 17" rims (I'm from Australia, not sure if it's different in the US):

post #3 of 8 Old 10-08-2008, 03:23 AM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

33's are only 1" larger diameter than stock Rubicon tires. In my opinion, if you have a Rubicon, there isn't much to gain for the amount of expense it is of going only 1" bigger unless your tires are worn out and need replacing anyway. That's only 1/2" increase in radius, so your Jeep will only sit up 1/2" higher.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.

post #4 of 8 Old 10-08-2008, 07:18 AM
sethco

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
What kind of bumper is that? does it have brackets for being a tow vehicle?

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-08-2008, 07:30 AM
elfamiglia
2012 JK Wrangler 

Off topic, so do you have amber blinkers (repeaters) in the rear and side? What about rear fog light? I am always interested in different version of the same vehicle from different part of the world. Thanks
post #6 of 8 Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 AM
mrsig

2007 JK Wrangler 

BFG MTK 33" on Stock wheels with the TF 2.5

07 JKU To see mods & my Jeep in Action @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-08-2008, 03:24 PM
mdls4
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
33's are only 1" larger diameter than stock Rubicon tires. In my opinion, if you have a Rubicon, there isn't much to gain for the amount of expense it is of going only 1" bigger unless your tires are worn out and need replacing anyway. That's only 1/2" increase in radius, so your Jeep will only sit up 1/2" higher.
Point taken on board, and completely agree - however the state I live in here in Australia, is very unreasonable in terms of legalities in changing tyre size. Believe it or not, on road this is the largest legal size I can go. There may be changes to this in the near future to run 35's (which I will do eventually) - however at this stage I am keeping it all legit. Having said that, it is okay to fit larger size tires for off road use, but right now its too inconvenient to change wheels/tires everytime I take it offroad - plus there are further caveats to legal lift sizes too!! I wish we could mod our Jeeps as easily as you can there in the US! My main reason for going to 33's in the KM2's was for better traction off road, and strenght in the sidewalls. Others I go wheeling with in our Jeep club had the same stock tires, and were no good in mud / wet rock, and damaged easily. So the KM2's was not a hard decision to go ahead with, despite it only being 33's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethco View Post
What kind of bumper is that? does it have brackets for being a tow vehicle?
The bumper is from TJM, a local 4WD accessories manufacturing company, my 2" lift is also from TJM, I don't think they export their products overseas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfamiglia View Post
Off topic, so do you have amber blinkers (repeaters) in the rear and side? What about rear fog light? I am always interested in different version of the same vehicle from different part of the world. Thanks
Yes, yes and yes! The one thing the Aussie models have, that I don't think is available in the US, are the electronic adjustments for the front driving lights. Very handy if your Jeep is lifted, at a switch of a button it can move 3 notches down, and one up from factory level.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-08-2008, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Patmack18

I've got 36K on the stock 32" tires so I'm going to need new ones. the kicker is, I can't find the same stock tires... in 33's, for less than twice as much as 32's. WTF?

MRSIG... where did you pic yours up? I can't find any online vendors that have them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in