Pedal Commander - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-05-2018, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Xatten

2013 JK Wrangler 

Pedal Commander

So, itís been awhile since Iíve posted anything but here goes. Just installed a Pedal Commander in my 2013 2 door. Holy Cow! What a difference. She now accelerates like a Hot Rod. I was very shocked that it was that noticeable. I set mine at Sport 2, which is very manageable. I find it hard to believe that Chrysler could dumb down our Jeeps with a clear consciousness. Itís very cool and actually works. My 2 Cents. By the way, if you have steep gears, hang on if you go up to Sport Plus.

Just Hunt!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-05-2018, 07:42 PM
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xatten View Post
She now accelerates like a Hot Rod.
I find it hard to believe that Chrysler could dumb down our Jeeps with a clear consciousness.
Maybe they figured there's no need to "accelerate like a hot rod" on public streets, (or on the trail, for that matter).

2008 JKU Rubicon
42RLE Auto
post #3 of 7 Old 03-05-2018, 08:10 PM
Bill123

2016 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Maybe a Dodge Challenger would have been a better choice.

2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2.5" Teraflex Lift
305/70-17 Toyo Open Country AT2
Fuel Lethal Wheels

post #4 of 7 Old 03-05-2018, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Xatten

2013 JK Wrangler 

Maybe so, but as sluggish as a stock JK is, it is nice to be able to accelerate without worrying about getting run over. Changing the acceleration curve is pretty handy when you need it. Take or leave it.

Just Hunt!
post #5 of 7 Old 03-10-2018, 08:44 PM
arbakken
2015 JK Wrangler 

I think it's the settings on the drive by wire throttle, which SUCK. The response is far too slow for a manual trans, you need to be able to actually adjust the throttle by using the pedal, which is on a calendar delay.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-12-2018, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Xatten

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbakken View Post
I think it's the settings on the drive by wire throttle, which SUCK. The response is far too slow for a manual trans, you need to be able to actually adjust the throttle by using the pedal, which is on a calendar delay.
I agree wholeheartedly on that. Thatís why I bought the Pedal Commander. A friend at work got one and liked it so much, I decided to try it. What a difference. You can go back and forth between stock or whatever setting suits you. All it adjusts is the acceleration curve. Itís not a tuner or anything like it, but it feels that way. No planning way ahead when passing etc. Not the end all for everything but definitely an improvement.

Just Hunt!
post #7 of 7 Old 03-12-2018, 01:03 PM
jwmbishop
Accidental Obfuscator

2020 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Your acceleration curve will always be the same given the same throttle POSITION. However-

Throttle RATE. that is, the speed with which the throttle plate goes from one position to another. yep VERY weak on the JK - not to deprive us of instant response - but to:
A) reduce fuel consumption (throttle transition is the hardest part to map - slowing transition speed allows less "enrichment" without over lean - in carburetors that was the accelerator pump circuit). Done across the fleet this is a great place to absorb BSFC increases and get the fleet to higher economy (read that as CAFE BS).
and
B) smooth the response out and avoid over-throttleing due to high bump and pitch (typical off road use)

thanks for the input! I have been wanting to increase my throttle rate for a while - but don't really trust the previous products (cant think of the name - cyclone or something like that). I can drive 30 and pump on my gas like I'm trying to start an old Buick - and all I get is a twitch of the tach - no real speed increase. If I do that in my Caddy I'm hopping the nose (the caddy is dual mode - in sport its VERY responsive - in tour its not as - but with less turbo spoolup time it almost feels the same - I sometimes overshoot my target though - that's hard on transmission detorqueing!!)

J Wm Bishop EA, ASADE
The wagon should, of course, be as light as possible, but strength should not be sacrificed to lightness, for on any but the regularly traveled roads, the wagon will get many a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in