PCM Replacement - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-14-2021, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
AlaskaDiver

PCM Replacement

Was driving along and got P0300 and P2305. Pulled over. Given my history with this vehicle and the particular circumstances (70 miles from home, pulling trailer, pouring down rain) I took a shot and replaced the coil pack - no dice. So, I had it towed home.

After research, I pulled the PCM, opened it up and found it fried and smelling burned. So, I need a new one and I'm about to order a "pre-programmed" one. I just want to know if there is anything I should know before I do.

This is a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with 110K miles (I am original owner). Engine was replaced with a Jasper reman engine @ 104K miles - and that included replacement of plugs, coil pack, ignition wires, belt, etc. Additionally, battery died a few weeks ago and I recharged it with my Optima battery charger - seemed fine after that - and no, I didn't reverse polarity.

It's 14 years old, and the lives in a hot engine bay. PCM issues seem common from what I can tell. Should I just replace and hope for the best? Or is there more chance than not that something else fried the PCM and a new one will just get fried too?

Any recommendations for replacement? I'm thinking of going with these guys:
https://www.fs1inc.com/2007-jeep-wra...plug-play.html

Thanks!
ad

Attached Thumbnails
jeep_computer.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-21-2021, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
AlaskaDiver

Customer service chat says this is what I need:
https://www.fs1inc.com/05187149af-20...94149ae-f.html

Overall, they seem kind of sketchy. Not sure if it is worth it to not just buy a new one from the dealer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in