P0369 Code along with limp mode - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 05-13-2020, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
jeffyp12

P0369 Code along with limp mode

so ive tried to search the threads on this and noone could really pin point anything so im hoping to find someone who fixed it.

i was towing about 3k behind my jeep when all the sudden it went into limp mode and threw p0369 code. luckily i had my tuner on me and was able to clear the code, about 100 miles later up the road same issue.

i checked all the wires going to the sensors even tried to wiggle the hell out of them to see if i can duplicate the issue to no luck.

what i do know is that my battery does seem to be on its way out with a standing no load voltage of right around a flat 12v
could this be causing the issue under load?

any insight would be appreciated, i have not been able to duplicate the issue since i was towing up north a few weeks back but im afraid of the next time i go up north with the trailer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 05-13-2020, 01:07 PM
jtec
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

some info - what model year etc?

Any other codes?

other than POS tuner any modifications to powertrain?

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.
post #3 of 20 Old 05-13-2020, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
jeffyp12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtec View Post
some info - what model year etc?

Any other codes?

other than POS tuner any modifications to powertrain?
sorry about that haha

2012 wrangler 3.6l 80k miles.
regeared to 4.10
diablo sport tuner running 93 premium tune.

that was the only code my tuner showed.

post #4 of 20 Old 05-13-2020, 01:43 PM
jtec
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

details
P0369-CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR INTERMITTENT - BANK 1 SENSOR 2
Bank 1 is passenger side.

thoughts.
Be sure to check engine OIL correct weight and level as the VVT systems are not forgiving.
Engine pressure is a mention BUT I am sure that would not be limited to a code for this 1 sensor or yur keen eye..

idea- ol filter is correct - oil level and weight, might want to add a can of 'risolone*' as a VVT isssue could set this code.

ALSO 12v is not a great # to see for a battery. System CMP troubletree lists 11+ volts as low threshold. Might be time to look for a replacement battery if it is that low.

* an oil detergent for any gum varnish issues.

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.
post #5 of 20 Old 05-13-2020, 07:27 PM
Geoskier9

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Interested to see what you can come up with... I’ve had the same issues for about a year after chasing cam actuators, replacing sensors, and passenger rear camshaft lifter. Honestly, its the reason I have started considering selling. Oh, also replaced valve covers and gaskets. Galley bolts were also tight.

I clear my code by pulling over and cycling the ignition. Turns off the traction control light (limp mode), but the CEL stays on for a few more starts while it continues to run fine.

How does risolone compare to seafoam?
post #6 of 20 Old 05-13-2020, 08:59 PM
Geoskier9

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Surfing a few other threads it looks like their resolutions were either head replacement (typical of 2012 and 2013) under extended 10 year 150,000 mile extended warranty, or bad wiring at the sensor.

This is the STAR case for the galley bolts, might be some help for the OP.
Attached Thumbnails
BDAB403D-01C7-4338-B216-E23AECC66185_1589426255896.jpeg  
post #7 of 20 Old 05-14-2020, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
jeffyp12

ive checked the wiring and everything seems good that i can see. i havent gone so far to replace any sensors but im not sure if it would be oil related. used exact weight synthetic mobil one and filter. although i did see on other threads that when it is under load and does not get enough oil pressure it could throw that code which would make sense to why it only happened to me going up and coming home from up north trailering.

im going to replace the battery today just because its obviously on its way out anyway. possibly might hook up the trailer this weekend and see if it duplicates with a new battery?

Battery being a little low also makes sense because my friend that works for Chrysler has the dealer program on his laptop and when he hooked it up the program immediately said replace battery. low voltage. and possibly why it didnt have an issue for the remaining 3 hours on the freeway coming home is i didnt have the music up and a/c was not on?
post #8 of 20 Old 05-14-2020, 09:42 AM
Geoskier9

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Are you using the Mobil 1 high mileage?
post #9 of 20 Old 05-14-2020, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
jeffyp12

i honestly cant remember. was before the winter time hit last i changed it i just know i always use mobil 1. jeep only has 80k miles so i dont think i would have bought that but its possible. why do you ask?
post #10 of 20 Old 05-14-2020, 10:25 AM
Geoskier9

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyp12 View Post
i honestly cant remember. was before the winter time hit last i changed it i just know i always use mobil 1. jeep only has 80k miles so i dont think i would have bought that but its possible. why do you ask?
I have been using the Mobil 1 high mileage since mine hit 75000; I just thought it was an odd coincidence that we might be using the same oil.
post #11 of 20 Old 05-14-2020, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
jeffyp12

Out of curiosity, is your problem pretty consistent? or does it only happen in certain situations?

mine apparently only did it when i was towing and long trip.... as ive put over 200 miles on it since this happened with no issue.
post #12 of 20 Old 05-14-2020, 11:20 AM
Geoskier9

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Mine is sporadic, but I can always duplicate it. Driving at freeway speeds, accelerating at about 50% throttle usually up hill. It started out just when it was hot outside (90 or more), but it has become more common at lower temps.
post #13 of 20 Old 05-14-2020, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
jeffyp12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoskier9 View Post
Mine is sporadic, but I can always duplicate it. Driving at freeway speeds, accelerating at about 50% throttle usually up hill. It started out just when it was hot outside (90 or more), but it has become more common at lower temps.
i dont have any hills by me only upnorth but i couldnt duplicate it then either. even on the way home going up and over the a bridge it didnt do it, nor when i was not trailering and was trying heavy acceleration from 70mph still no luck getting it to do it.
post #14 of 20 Old 05-14-2020, 12:27 PM
Geoskier9

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Mine is 2.5” lifted with wide 33’s which is probably a similar load on the engine as trailering. I don’t have a problem finding hills here in Colorado...
post #15 of 20 Old 05-15-2020, 02:21 PM
Geoskier9

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
From what I am seeing on other forums including one from Australia, the problem is backed out wires in the harness for the sensor. The photo shows one such repair. This guy allegedly paid over $1000 for this repair. I am going to tear mine apart and see what I can find this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
0EE95440-2629-4629-8E76-47B2A9DB36FE_1589574031145.jpeg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in