New Rotors/Pads uneven wear? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-05-2019, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
GalbraithM

New Rotors/Pads uneven wear?

So I just bought and installed new Power Stop Z36 rotors and pads about 2 months ago. I noticed the rear driver side had some odd wear on it a couple days after installing. Figured I would give it some time to see if it corrected itself and it has not. Not exactly sure what’s going on with it. I know the caliper is good, I inspected all pads and rotors before installing them and everything seemed fine and didn’t notice any kind of defects. All other pads and rotors seem to be wearing normally for the most part.

I’m now also starting to hear what seems like a very faint brake squeak but only when I let off the gas. Doesn’t happen when I’m braking either. Not sure if it’s related but I can’t really pin the noise down to the same wheel as the wearing pad.

Any ideas why this is happening? Here are picture of four rotors: https://imgur.com/a/kHbwQtC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Did you clean and lube the caliper pins and the holes in the calipers they slide in?
A little dirt/dust on those pins, or if they are scored up or damaged in any way, and they can cause that caliper to hang up slightly.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #3 of 4 Old 07-05-2019, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
GalbraithM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzin View Post
Did you clean and lube the caliper pins and the holes in the calipers they slide in?
A little dirt/dust on those pins, or if they are scored up or damaged in any way, and they can cause that caliper to hang up slightly.
Yup. Thoroughly cleaned everything and completely re-lubed everything. In fact, that was the first brake I started with and I can remember that i coated that *****.

Really weird too because I could tell that the driver front caliper was starting to seize up but that pad has been wearing perfectly.

post #4 of 4 Old 07-09-2019, 08:05 AM
waterdowg

1984 CJ7 

Sounds to me like the pins are not sliding in and out smoothly or the pads are not moving on the clips. What ever it is you will need to remove everything to figure it out. But I think it will be once of the two.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in