New Online Service for Jeep Owners + JeepForum.com exclusive promo code - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kentman

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 09-12-2017, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
CarMD

New Online Service for Jeep Owners + JeepForum.com exclusive promo code

Fellow Jeep lovers!

We're excited to join your community and offer a great service everyone will benefit from! CarMD is looking for feedback from JeepForum members on our new (and FREE!) online CarMD Garage Vehicle Health Report service available at www.carmd.com/garage. We also offer a Premium Report with additional vehicle maintenance insights, normally a paid feature BUT because we want your insightful feedback, use promo code "Jeep" to unlock additional information on vehicle history, upcoming repairs, TSBs & maintenance (good thru 9-18-2017).

You may already be familiar with CarMD, a leading provider of automotive diagnostic code readers and check engine light trend data for vehicles manufactured since 1996. Now we are offering a new service, CarMD Garage Vehicle Health Reports, with insight that can reduce the cost of your Jeep's ownership. Less money and headaches on maintenance means more towards cool modifications, right!?

All you need is the vehicle’s year, make, model – or vehicle identification number (VIN) – and mileage to get a report. It’s a great way to quickly decode a VIN. It also shows your average MPG, upcoming maintenance, safety recalls, warranty status, technical service bulletins (TSBs) and if the vehicle has any upcoming issues. View a sample report here: https://www.carmd.com/garage/sample. View a sample report with premium data unlocked for a 2012 Jeep Wrangler with 75,330 miles here: https://goo.gl/qG2J6Z.

Running a report is completely free. There are no tricks. You don’t even have to input your email. Optional in-report purchases include maintenance details, including parts and labor times; details for all of the TSBs; and percentage likelihood, parts costs and labor time for predicted repairs. Vehicle history reports from InstaVIN are also available, which is a great way to avoid purchasing a vehicle that’s been totaled or in a flood. If your warranty has expired, you can also get $100 off all CARCHEX extended Vehicle Protection plans.

You’re probably familiar with TSBs. But if you work on your own Jeep, you might not have access to these known issue advisories because unlike recalls, the manufacturer isn’t required to send TSBs to vehicle owners. TSB content varies in severity from hard-to-start engines to inoperable windows. TSBs often deal with a recurring problem and include instructions for the repair, parts needed, warranty status and labor charges. They’re also usually covered for free under your warranty so being in the know can save you headaches and money! If you shop online for car parts, you’ll appreciate that the CarMD Garage reports help you find the right replacement part for your vehicle. Our search tool can save you time, and as much as 50% percent on markup.

Try it out and post a comment here to let fellow forum members know what you think about www.carmd.com/garage. Post your questions below, and we'll be happy to answer! Promo code "Jeep" unlocks CarMDģ Garage vehicle history upcoming repairs, TSBs & maintenance (good thru 9-18-17).

Kindest Regards,

Team CarMD

A few screenshots attached of a sample report showing posted TSB's, your Jeep's warranty status, and recommended parts at great prices!

Attached Thumbnails
CarMD Garage Graphic - TSB wJeep.jpg   CarMD Garage Graphic - Warranty.jpg   CarMD Garage Graphic - Maintenance.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-12-2017, 02:40 PM
kentman

2006 XK Commander 

Garage
Worked for me. Thanks.
CarMD likes this.

Jeep-less
post #3 of 14 Old 09-12-2017, 03:08 PM
jd340
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
You don't have a listing for the XJ Cherokee??

post #4 of 14 Old 09-12-2017, 03:10 PM
owenslee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The system will not recognize the correct VIN for my 1983 AM General Postal Jeep....and will not recognize any Jeep Cherokee.
post #5 of 14 Old 09-12-2017, 04:18 PM
MunkeyMan35
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Didn't work for me

Tried to put in an '89 YJ (although only a TJ was the only model offered for 1989) and it wouldn't let me input an engine size... and wouldn't provide results without that info.
post #6 of 14 Old 09-12-2017, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
CarMD

CarMD Garage Reports for '96 & newer

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenslee View Post
The system will not recognize the correct VIN for my 1983 AM General Postal Jeep....and will not recognize any Jeep Cherokee.

The CarMD Garage reports are for 1996 and newer OBD-II vehicles, which is why it wouldn't recognize your '83 VIN.
post #7 of 14 Old 09-12-2017, 05:22 PM
BrokerDon

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
worked on my 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

found 52 TSBs... YIKES !!!
post #8 of 14 Old 09-12-2017, 05:52 PM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Beware, not all of those TSB's may affect you. I tried it out before they were a vendor here and found many TSB's that didn't apply to my JK. Same with the recalls.

It's not model/year specific, just does a dump of everything for a model series. Now trying it out again, calls my 12 JK a TJ and won't let me enter the engine size. I did look at all the TSB's and they are missing the one about the front brake hose for the JK.

Tried my 17 WK2 also, shows one recall thats not applicable, missing the recall for the EGR valve I just had done and no TSB's in which there is at least 1 for the missing Pitch and Roll page that is applicable.

Somewhat disappointed in this.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #9 of 14 Old 09-12-2017, 07:51 PM
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

What's free is basically useless, and it was incorrect re: my JK's lifetime powertrain warranty. Given all that I'd not be inclined to pay for the additional information.

Jeeps: Where my 401(k) went to die!
post #10 of 14 Old 09-13-2017, 12:18 AM
iditarodfans

Followed the provided link, input VIN, and was provided with service bulletins and other general information. However, after creating an account, the only way to receive information was to purchase a scanner...for $139. The service bulletins were interesting to read through but the other routine maintenance intervals were not helpful. Do you really need to be reminded to change your oil? Perhaps some do...
Most links you click on lead you to purchasing a scanner or to the home page; not very helpful. Perhaps this tool would be helpful if you invested the time to become familiar with the website and purchase a scanner, but I don't see the advantages of either. Some may find benefits of using CarMD, I just don't.
post #11 of 14 Old 09-13-2017, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
CarMD

OBD Scanner optional for CEL issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by iditarodfans View Post
Followed the provided link, input VIN, and was provided with service bulletins and other general information. However, after creating an account, the only way to receive information was to purchase a scanner...for $139. The service bulletins were interesting to read through but the other routine maintenance intervals were not helpful. Do you really need to be reminded to change your oil? Perhaps some do...
Most links you click on lead you to purchasing a scanner or to the home page; not very helpful. Perhaps this tool would be helpful if you invested the time to become familiar with the website and purchase a scanner, but I don't see the advantages of either. Some may find benefits of using CarMD, I just don't.
The OBD scanner is an optional purchase and not necessary to access the garage info. The scanner is helpful when you need to diagnose/solve a check engine light issue because it provides an accurate fix, including parts, labor time and repair difficulty.
post #12 of 14 Old 09-13-2017, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
CarMD

56 JeepForum members have already received their PremiumReports in the last 24 hours!
post #13 of 14 Old 09-14-2017, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
CarMD

All 1996 and newer Jeep makes now active

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenslee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd340 View Post
You don't have a listing for the XJ Cherokee??

All Jeep makes from 96 are now active. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
post #14 of 14 Old 09-15-2017, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
CarMD

93 JeepForum members have run CarMD Garage reports so far. Give it a try and let us know what you think. The promo code "Jeep" is good until 9/18/17 at www.carmd.com/garage.

Tags
carmd , jeep , jeepforum , maintenance , vehicle report

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in