New JK owner - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-03-2015, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
jeepnoob01
2008 WK 

New JK owner

Hey guys, I'm new to the JK side of the jeep world. I just bought a 2008 jeep wrangler unlimited X. this is my second jeep, moving on from my WK after a bad accident, i am looking to start new.

Any advice for beginner mods?

Also plan on lifting and running 35's i understand there is a lot of work with this, any advice on what exactly i have to do to make this dream a reality.

Thanks guys!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-03-2015, 10:54 AM
BRC_1980
2008 JK Wrangler 

Are you going big or just driving on the street? In my opinion, if you are not doing 3+ trails, I would just stick to BB and 35's. Your jeep will still be capable of doing quite a lot. There's at least 5 levels of builds. All depend on budget and what you want to actually do. First level is what I mentioned.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-03-2015, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
jeepnoob01
2008 WK 

It is primarily going to be on the streets with the occasional trail here or there. I am just looking for something a little bigger and more aggressive.

post #4 of 6 Old 10-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Neo1130
2015 JK Wrangler 

Not a lot of work at all. I had 35's on my 2009 Rubi with a 2.5" BB lift. I then added another 1.5" with 4 door springs and called it good. Total of 4 inches of lift and I only really rubbed with the swaybar disconnected on full flex.

post #5 of 6 Old 10-03-2015, 12:16 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Gears is one issue. That will cost as much in not more than the lift.

Building to that task is hardly what most do. In Cal most the trails are from 1-10 and 3.5 is like a flat dirt road. In AZ 3.5 is medium since we rate 1-5. For most drivers at that point it about lockers as well as the rest. better drivers can get through just harder on the jeep at 4. must have lockers. 3.5 lift would be min. as well or ride the belly on rocks.

on a older Jk and even new, issues pop up with 35"s. worn out ball joints, very common. Unite bearings and tres all wear much faster, depending on use Ball joints stock have failed well under 20k with 35"s and rough trails as the diet tend to distroy the stock plactis lined Bj's.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-03-2015, 10:48 PM
crazyj23
2002 TJ Wrangler 

35's fit easy with the $179 lift from Rough Country

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in