New to the Jeep world and already addicted!! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-03-2017, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
jparks1204

New to the Jeep world and already addicted!!

I have bought my first Jeep less then a week ago and every day seems to provide opportunity to make changes. This is almost as much fun as legos!!! My '15 Sahara Unlimited came with a hard top and NO soft top. I am leaning towards the Best NX in the twill as the shiny one looks like it would rip easily ... thoughts on that or others I should consider? Next question is once I install the hardware for the soft top will i need to remove that in order to reinstall my hardtop in the winter? Continuing on my things I can do without my wife noticing much list ... headlights. To say the standard one are terrible would be a compliment, I have seen everything from changing the bulbs from a local auto shop to $800 lights that are guaranteed to blind everyone for miles and get me arrested. I want something that looks cool, provides a LOT of light, but are not so bright that the cops think it should be a sport pulling me over and tearing apart my new jeep (no there is nothing to hide, but just not needing to inconvenience them from doing their real work).

Soon it will be questions about lifts, wheels and tires... light bars, bumpers and winches ... and the list continues for ever ... But for now, just need input on the top and lights.

Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-03-2017, 02:06 PM
Naptime
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm no help on the lights. Stock work well enough for me. I'd recommend OEM top too.

But I have to ask, won't the wife notice the hard top hanging around in the garage ?

Last edited by Naptime; 02-03-2017 at 03:29 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-03-2017, 02:48 PM
Bill123

2016 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I would suggest that you stick with something from Bestop since they actually make the factory tops for new Jeeps. They have different models to choose from, and different options within those models. Tou can spend roughl $700 all the way up to $1,000 or more. I don't know what you may have, but you will probably need the door surrounds, retainer clips, tailgate bar, etc. Those parts may be included with your top, but it's something to keep in mind. Alot of companies sell tops as replacements with the expectation that the buyer already has alot of the parts.

As for the headlights, that can get pretty expensive. In fact, if you're already talking about lifts, wheels, and tires, then be prepared to spend some money! Be careful as mods can get habitual very fast!

2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2.5" Teraflex Lift
305/70-17 Toyo Open Country AT2
Fuel Lethal Wheels

post #4 of 5 Old 02-03-2017, 04:21 PM
jabsther
2010 JK Wrangler 

Most of us agree the stock lights stink. I didn't want to get led because some heat is better than none in the North with the weather. And didn't want to spend over$500 for heated led headlights. So I installed last week quadratec led fog lights. With the combo of both, it lights up the area pretty good.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-04-2017, 07:40 AM
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

1937 CJ2A 

Aiming your headlights and putting a better headlight bulb in will make a big difference. Most people never consider the fact that their headlights have to be aimed after a lift or leveling kit. I don't think headlight aim is even checked at the dealer during PDA. Any vehicle I have ever bought, this was one of the first things I do.
Factory lights are fine but not as good as a quality LED is you are willing to spend the cash.

^^Jeff^^
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, D44HD/J8 w/ OX locker and RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 2635 Predator Alloys, AEV Prem Bumper, Smitty X2O 12K ETC..

Tags
headlights , soft top , wrangler jk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in