Misfire when ac is running. P 0339 and 1618 code - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 07-30-2021, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Brianbrian

Misfire when ac is running. P 0339 and 1618 code

I have a 2012 jku sahara 3.6 engine, automatic transmission.. been having the same issues for the past two summers which is when I put on the ac and drive for a while my check engine light comes on, then the traction control light, and then a red lightning bolt starts flashing, engine starts shaking, and running rough and the Jeep shuts down. I can smell burnt fuel or whatever also when this happens. Once I restart the vehicle and drive without the ac it’s fine. Check engine light goes away. I’ve noticed that right before this happens, my outside temperature gage that is displayed on the dash will start rising in temperature, the radiator also starts getting really loud like a jet is about to take off. I’ve changed the spark plugs last year which solved the problem for a short time and I’ve changed the crank shaft position sensor 3 times in 6 months and recently bought a new battery. If anyone has any solution to what may be causing this please give me some advice. Thank you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in