loop delete and flange questions for long arms - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-13-2017, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
johnny9

2012 JK Wrangler 

loop delete and flange questions for long arms

i just cant find the answers online i been searching for..i no others say dont delete the loop..i no 2 guys i wheel with and have read numerous others delete it with no ill effects and no real power loss and no issues..
i have my 2 inch dom 3 link arms and joints built and ready..i been studying underneath the drivers side looking at deleteing the loop with the magnaflow delete pipe.
questions.. what the heck do people do with the flange area by the cross member? even if the loop is gone the flange by the c.member is in the way of the upper 3rd link that i want on the drivers side..pass side can be done but i will have super 60 next yr and want the 3rd link on drivers side.

my arms will be 34 inch lowers and a 36 inch upper after studying a couple months on this subject..i want to use all the room there is..but this dam flange is driving me nuts as to what to do..the 3rd adjustable link needs to be on the side of the frame right where it is..anyone do longarms and have any pointers,thx..johnny9

JACK OF ALL TRADES,,,MASTER OF NONE

fla cracker head born and bred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-13-2017, 09:48 PM
christensent
2014 JK Wrangler 

Yes, if you want to put a long arm upper on the driver side you're going to have to do exhaust work beyond a loop delete. You have to go much further back and remove the region you've identified.

Check out the Rock Krawler long-arm instruction manuals. They require you to do this (they don't give specific instructions, but there are pictures of the outcome and they basically say make it look like this).

Otherwise, why don't you want to do it on the passenger side? I know people who have had no issues doing a 3-link on the passenger side. That's what I'll be doing. On the stock axle I don't think I'd do this without a truss, but on a heavier duty axle as you mention it doesn't seem like it'd be any problem.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-14-2017, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
johnny9

2012 JK Wrangler 

well darn..i dont like the idea of 3rd link on pass side as its much more correct on drivers side..you have the diff to drop the truss over the mount on the diff,cut it off and weld it solid..very solid way of doing it.
but,i guess i will go ahead and do the truss and give the pass side a try and i will no in the future how i feel about it lol..this is going on the turdy30 for now till d60 is built next yr..
thx for the reply..i will try to remember to come back here to post pics when finished..prob a few weeks till i start lol,but it will go fast..couple days down.have a great weekend,j9
Attached Images

JACK OF ALL TRADES,,,MASTER OF NONE

fla cracker head born and bred

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in