Long arms for Coilovers? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-07-2020, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Koakang714

I dont know if this is where I would post this but here it goes.

I am pretty set on getting some coilovers and getting suspension lift kit that is two and half lift

I have been told when having coilovers long arms are preferred for maximum flex. Is it needed? Also when I look for two and half inch lift suspension kits they do not
have long arms.
Is this something I need to buy separately as a whole? So I could have long arms?

Can someone point me to a dependable two and a half inch suspension kit ? i have looked at metalcloak, teraflex . I am looking for something that would support coilovers?

Thank you I am pretty new to this

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-07-2020, 08:55 AM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
coil over to well is a going to be 15k, just in parts. 2.5 lift and coil over is ridiculous. You want a good coil over lift??? Money not an issue. Look at Genright

Most long arm kits have horrible geometry. Do to the way a JK is. They as well tend to have less belly clearance as the arms get hung up. Lifts that are well designed and long will be triangulated 4 link. BUT to even consider this type lift you will not want to use d30/d44 or even d44/d44< again its just ridiculous. BUt now to go full float axles in 1 to you just spent another 15k. Non of this bolt on and labor will about double cost.

I would bet the Metal cloak game changer will serve you better. want a lot of flex then go with their six packs and a game changer. still in the 4+k range,,,,,,

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-10-2020, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Koakang714

INFO

Can't I just get these two things?

metalcloak.com/jk-wrangler-four-link-long-arm-compound-suspensions-4-5in.html#reviewshttps://metalcloak.com/jk-wrangler-four-link-long-arm-compound-suspensions-4-5in.html#reviews

accutuneoffroad.com/product/complete-weld-jeep-jk-coilover-kit

and I would be good to go?

post #4 of 6 Old 08-10-2020, 01:12 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
You can do anything with enough money.

My 2 door JKR on 4.5 ish depends on the load in it.
flexs rather well , rides well. Franken lift of parts. I pick the ones i feel will suit me best. joints to me its Johnny Joints. no matter who makes the arms.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

post #5 of 6 Old 08-14-2020, 05:21 PM
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm pretty sure Evolution offroad makes a long arm coil over kit in the 2.5" range. It's pretty expensive, but it has a pretty good reputation.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-14-2020, 05:23 PM
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2012 JK Wrangler 

Sorry, it's a 3" not 2.5"

Here's a link: https://offroadevolution.com/collect...n-black-jk-jku

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in