To Lift or not to Lift? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 49 Old 01-25-2021, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Kev M
2016 JK Wrangler 

Final entry? (for now).

The adjustable rear track bar finally arrived last week and I threw it in over the weekend.

Whereas the front axle with the 2.5" over springs had been almost an inch shifted towards the frame bracket before the track bar, the rear axle with the smaller 1.5" over springs was only about 1 cm shifted.

So I just had to shift it about 5-6 mm to center it and it's aligned now within 1-2 mm.

I'm still glad I did it mostly because it's another new and stout piece.

Still very happy with the overall result.

Current Jeep: 2016 JKUS - My Mall/Beach/Dunes/Forest crawler - lightly modded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 49 Old 06-07-2021, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Kev M
2016 JK Wrangler 

Hey, if anyone finds this thread and is curious I thought I'd report back on performance since the install.

I finally had an opportunity for an OBX run and I'm VERY pleased with the results.

* Highway - though the center of gravity has changed enough that I'm a little more cautious on sweepers and on-ramps, I'd say overall comfort of the suspension coupled with a lack of sag are both great improvements. Also fuel mileage hasn't really taken a hit if I'm easy on the throttle. I hyper-mileaged it to 21 mpg on the second leg of the 8 hour trip by keeping speeds in the low 60's (which means more or less legal on those roads).

* Beach/Dunes - after running back and forth on the beach for a few days I have to say I'm really pleased. The old suspension was soft enough that when the sand/ruts get really choppy she used to bounce off the bump stops till I slowed dramatically.

But now I'm watching other trucks bounce in front of me and she's staying pretty damn stable and getting no where near the end of travel. I'm guessing the taller, stronger/multi-rate coils combined with the fox shocks are doing the trick. I had a couple of highspeed runs (in/out for take out dinner, want to get it back to the beach hot) where I basically left a few other Jeeps for dead because it was so relatively stable.

I don't think I could be happier with these modifications.

post #48 of 49 Old 06-07-2021, 09:46 AM
White Elemant

2016 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the report!

Next: 35" tires 😃
Kev M likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #49 of 49 Old 06-07-2021, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Kev M
2016 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Elemant View Post
Thanks for the report!

Next: 35" tires 😃
Ha ha, no I'm good and between the 6-spd and the 3.73 gears I don't think I'd want to go that big anyway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in