JKU Mopar High line Fenders - JeepForum.com
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 10-28-2019, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
jeep63

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
JKU Mopar High line Fenders

I ran across a great deal on a slightly damaged set of Mopar high line/top fender flares for a JKU.

Since these are discontinued, I decided to pick them up and see how I like them on my 10A.

I'm running a TeraFlex 2.5" lift with 35.x10.50R17 tires and 1.25" wheel spacers on OEM Rubicon wheels.

My tires are just barely outside the factory flares.

Here are some shots of the flares when I first got them.

After some time with a heat gun...

I have tried to find pics of a JK/JKU with ~2-2.5" lift, 35s and these flares, but have not had any luck yet.

I wonder if my 35s will look small. It may be possible for me to remove the extensions for my bump stops with these flares now and and up with more flex.

I still have work to do and I may mock them up over the weekend to get pics for initial feedback.

I'm likely going to ditch the rear bumper caps and replace with the Maximus ones to keep junk out of the rear bumper.

any insight others have is appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

95 YJ-Sold
YJOTM 05/15,05/18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-28-2019, 11:24 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

I think your tires will look small but some people like that.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.
post #3 of 22 Old 10-29-2019, 04:17 AM
en480c4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Post #24

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/m...1302105?page=1

I agree... Would require 37s to look proportional.

Ian
2005 LJ

post #4 of 22 Old 10-29-2019, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
jeep63

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by en480c4 View Post
Post #24

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/m...1302105?page=1

I agree... Would require 37s to look proportional.
I have read that thread, but somehow misread that post. It is nearly identical to what my jeep will look like; only .5" difference in lift. I'm not so sure it looks bad. To me it looks like there is much more room for the tires to flex. Here is a pic of my Jeep when I was running the 2.5" lift and OEM size tires (~32, but more like 31.5).

The proportions are similar to what I believe the High Top flares will look like with 35s.

Hopefully, I can mock-mount up at least the fronts this weekend to see how it looks.

95 YJ-Sold
YJOTM 05/15,05/18
post #5 of 22 Old 10-30-2019, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
jeep63

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I got permission to re-post his pic for comparison purposes. Above is my Jeep w/2.5" and 32s.

Here is a Jeep with 3" lift, 35s and the Mopar High Top flares.

The tires look a bit small, but there is a lot of room for flex because of this.

95 YJ-Sold
YJOTM 05/15,05/18
post #6 of 22 Old 10-31-2019, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
jeep63

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
in preparation for the mock up, here is a picture of how the jeep sits now. 2.5” teraflex lift and 35x10.5r17 tires on oem wheels with teraflex 1.25” spacers.
Attached Thumbnails
D770B16A-94EB-4657-BDB8-7D0E9AE12664_1572540243773.jpg  

95 YJ-Sold
YJOTM 05/15,05/18
post #7 of 22 Old 11-02-2019, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
jeep63

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
So today, I cleaned up the flares and mock mounted them on the driver side. I took a ton of pics to get different perspectives.

I'm interested in feedback from those who are not used to seeing my Jeep before I mounted them.

I still need to finish working on the passenger front damage, but I'm getting closer.

I kinda like it and do not think it looks that bad. I may be able to pull the bump stop extensions that came with the lift off now and get more flex too.

I also found a set of Maxximus rear bumper block-off plates for $20 on FB market place, so I can address the way the rear bumper lines up.
rja1766 and Tousy like this.

95 YJ-Sold
YJOTM 05/15,05/18
post #8 of 22 Old 11-07-2019, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
jeep63

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
So I just closed an amazing deal on a set of never mounted JK Mopar High Top flares!:dance:

The fronts are identical between JK & JKU, and the set I was working with has damaged front passenger flare.

I literally tripped over this deal as I was just scanning for images of JK Mopar High Top Flares to look at tire to flare clearances on a variety of Jeeps. I am beyond psyched since now I have a set of JKU flares to mount that have zero damage, and I can sell a JK set with brand new never mounted rears and okay fronts.

I plan to start working on them after dinner tonight, and hope to be done by Saturday mid-day. I figure one flare per night and one on Saturday morning.

If anyone is looking for a set of JK Mopar High Top flares let me know; I'm willing to work something out since both deals were so great for me.

95 YJ-Sold
YJOTM 05/15,05/18
post #9 of 22 Old 11-08-2019, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
jeep63

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
The fronts are done and the bumper extensions are back on. Hope to get decent all around shots Saturday morning.

fixed upside down pics...

95 YJ-Sold
YJOTM 05/15,05/18

Last edited by jeep63; 11-08-2019 at 08:05 AM. Reason: upside down attachments
post #10 of 22 Old 11-08-2019, 07:32 AM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

Was it easier to get to the mounting screws with the Jeep upside down?

Hoss

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement
post #11 of 22 Old 11-08-2019, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
jeep63

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
Was it easier to get to the mounting screws with the Jeep upside down?

Hoss

Serves me right for using attachments instead of linking them...

95 YJ-Sold
YJOTM 05/15,05/18
post #12 of 22 Old 11-09-2019, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
jeep63

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Project complete!

I'm happy with the results and the Maximus-3 rear bumper cap makes the rear flare/bumper lines much better.

I even think I like the front end caps back on too. Need a bit more time to adjust to the look though, and at least one wheeling trip to see if they interfere at all.

Combo shot: before on top, after on bottom...

95 YJ-Sold
YJOTM 05/15,05/18
post #13 of 22 Old 03-26-2020, 06:49 AM
Fusco

2018 JK Wrangler 

I am in the same boat. I don't wanna lift my JK, installed new KO2s.

Leaning towards the Metalcloak fenders.
Attached Thumbnails
JKNew KO2s.jpg  

2018 JK Freedom Edition
2018 WK2 Trailhawk Hemi (DD)
2018 Ram Pro Master City (parts geter)
post #14 of 22 Old 03-26-2020, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
jeep63

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusco View Post
I am in the same boat. I don't wanna lift my JK, installed new KO2s.

Leaning towards the Metalcloak fenders.
So, I never updated this thread...

After all was said and done, and a month went by, these just did not "do it" for me like I had originally expected they would. Instead of growing on me, they actually made me feel like something was off, mostly in the rear flares. I think if I had the typical 35x12.50 tires w/4.5" BS instead of 10.50" tires and a 5.2" BS, and NO lift, the rear would have looked more filled out.

I decided to swap these off for OEM flares to restore what I believe it is a better proportional look for my Jeep and in keeping with my build plans.

I sold them to another jeeper on the forum. I still have the JK set of Mopar High tops with the damaged front passenger that is mostly fixed. I only want $100 for these since that is all I paid for the original set.

95 YJ-Sold
YJOTM 05/15,05/18
post #15 of 22 Old 03-26-2020, 07:24 AM
Fusco

2018 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep63 View Post
So, I never updated this thread...

After all was said and done, and a month went by, these just did not "do it" for me like I had originally expected they would. Instead of growing on me, they actually made me feel like something was off, mostly in the rear flares. I think if I had the typical 35x12.50 tires w/4.5" BS instead of 10.50" tires and a 5.2" BS, and NO lift, the rear would have looked more filled out.

I decided to swap these off for OEM flares to restore what I believe it is a better proportional look for my Jeep and in keeping with my build plans.

I sold them to another jeeper on the forum. I still have the JK set of Mopar High tops with the damaged front passenger that is mostly fixed. I only want $100 for these since that is all I paid for the original set.
Now with you returning to the OEM fenders. Are you rubbing on the trails?

2018 JK Freedom Edition
2018 WK2 Trailhawk Hemi (DD)
2018 Ram Pro Master City (parts geter)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in