JK Overline Tube Fenders by MetalCloak - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 158 Old 10-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Unknown303

2007 JK Wrangler 

If you send me a free set to demo on my stock JK I will no longer question you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 158 Old 10-10-2010, 02:26 AM
MoparToYou
2014 JK Wrangler 

The front axle is a Dynatrac Pro Rock 44 (nice choice), same as I have on my two door Rubicon. I have a 2.5" lift and 35" tires, but if I were starting over again I would keep the stock suspension and run those fenders with 37" tires.

The two door JK would work well with no lift and 37s, but the four door NEEDS a lift to inprove the breakover angle, irregardless of how much fender clearance you have.

Those fenders do look better than others I have seen. Even that big square black panel on the side of the Jeep wouldn't look too bad on a black JK. It looks rather "farm built" on that red JK though. I wonder if you can get the rear fenders without the farm built panel on the side of your Jeep?

2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo: 2" Eibach lift, 265/70R-17 BFG KO2's, 17x9 KMC Addicts
post #18 of 158 Old 10-10-2010, 07:31 PM
warCryr
2008 JK Wrangler 

You can fit 37s with stock suspension, pretty impressive. But I do like my height with 2.5" lift. Even though 37s fit with 0 lift, what is the recommended amount of lift for 37s?

Would a 1" or 2" lift be more appropriate, both functionally as well as looks proportionally? I think the red one looks good, but just asking what you guys think.

2008 JK
4.88, 6spd, RK 2.5", 17x8 Cragar Soft 8s, 33" BFG KM2s, JKS trackbars, RR breather kit, K&N, cowl snorkel, Benchmark bumpers, Tuffy interior, Riddler diffs

post #19 of 158 Old 10-10-2010, 08:55 PM
nwbronco

2014 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for straightening us out. Still an amazing product. I am definitely interested. You know your stuff rocks. And you are quite the gentleman to lead us through all the questions we have posted in such a timely and professional manner.

Bob K.
post #20 of 158 Old 10-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Jeepineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparToYou View Post
The front axle is a Dynatrac Pro Rock 44 (nice choice), same as I have on my two door Rubicon. I have a 2.5" lift and 35" tires, but if I were starting over again I would keep the stock suspension and run those fenders with 37" tires.

The two door JK would work well with no lift and 37s, but the four door NEEDS a lift to inprove the breakover angle, irregardless of how much fender clearance you have.

Those fenders do look better than others I have seen. Even that big square black panel on the side of the Jeep wouldn't look too bad on a black JK. It looks rather "farm built" on that red JK though. I wonder if you can get the rear fenders without the farm built panel on the side of your Jeep?
The "farm built" plate is just a less expensive option to our full corner. However the farm built plate or full corner is required to get the clearance that people are used to with metalcloak products. It is the only way we could mount above the stock form lines of the body in order to increase tire clearance and flare strength.

We anticipate that most people will want to color match the farm built plate to match their Jeep.

Thanks for the comments.
post #21 of 158 Old 10-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Jeepineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbronco View Post
Thanks for straightening us out. Still an amazing product. I am definitely interested. You know your stuff rocks. And you are quite the gentleman to lead us through all the questions we have posted in such a timely and professional manner.

Bob K.
Thanks for the support
post #22 of 158 Old 10-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Jeepineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warCryr View Post
You can fit 37s with stock suspension, pretty impressive. But I do like my height with 2.5" lift. Even though 37s fit with 0 lift, what is the recommended amount of lift for 37s?

Would a 1" or 2" lift be more appropriate, both functionally as well as looks proportionally? I think the red one looks good, but just asking what you guys think.
Lift height depends on 2 door or 4 door and what type of wheeling you do. I like the look of a 2" lift on the 4 door with our fenders. That is what we took to Pomona and it looked great (shocks need adjusting). however it is yet to be seen if 2" lift on 4 door can handle the Rubicon. We are not going to try until we finish the skid plating on the under side of the jeep. But we will let you know when we do.

Thanks for the comments
post #23 of 158 Old 10-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Jeepineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Those are cool and all, but what about the break over clearance for the 4doors? Seems like you still would need to lift it for serious wheeling.
We agree but we are just trying to show the possibilities. How low can you go...
post #24 of 158 Old 10-11-2010, 03:28 AM
RIP John

2012 JK Wrangler 

Fare enough.

Now, can we order them with the full corner guards or is that something that your working on?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2011-2016)
post #25 of 158 Old 10-11-2010, 07:38 AM
LarryGrant
2008 JK Wrangler 

I also would like to know about the full corner. And where is the price?
post #26 of 158 Old 10-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Filthy-Beast

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looks great! I love the Overlines on my LJ and wife wants these for her JK. Is the 2dr plate for the rear the same? Do you have pic of full corners? Do you have drawings for clearance vs stock and drawings showing any tub cutting needed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For Sale:

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
post #27 of 158 Old 10-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Jeepineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
Looks great! I love the Overlines on my LJ and wife wants these for her JK. Is the 2dr plate for the rear the same? Do you have pic of full corners? Do you have drawings for clearance vs stock and drawings showing any tub cutting needed?
LOL...we are happy with all the questions and requests. We only finished the system last Thursday and the next design item is the full corner. We have a 2 door coming this week to finish that system. The 2 door will not take long as it is just modifications of the 4 door design. You will see prices and diagrams hit the website this week and next.

We only ship new products when we are completely confident in their fitment and quality. Therefore we are only taking 50% deposit pre orders at this time. With expected delivery in 3-4 weeks. That will include corners by the of the week.

More pictures will be coming all week. We will also be providing all of the information we learned to run 37s on no lift and 40s on a 4" lift.

Thank you for your interest and I hope this information is helpful.

PS There is tub cutting that is required, but it can easily be done in the garage.
post #28 of 158 Old 10-20-2010, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

Just a heads up... we will have some images of the concept corners soon.

It's Your Jeep, Only Better. |

Are you a Modern Jeeper?

For quotes or customer service

Lots and Lots of Videos:

post #29 of 158 Old 10-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

Not soon, now! By the way, does your Company offer a military discount? It might sway me to buy your product
post #30 of 158 Old 10-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Jeepineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washi View Post
Not soon, now! By the way, does your Company offer a military discount? It might sway me to buy your product
We have a military discount call Matson.

Tags
JK Wrangler , metalcloak tube fenders , overline tube fenders , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in