JK Overline Tube Fenders by MetalCloak - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
matsonian
MetalCloak'd

1977 CJ7 

JK Overline Tube Fenders by MetalCloak

This thread was just posted in the Vendor Marketplace...

Quote:
As many of you know, our founding company, Rev111, was not only the innovators behind the incredible Arched Tube Fenders, but, as it turns out, they were also recognized as the first developer of Tube Fenders for the JK.

While, as MetalCloak, we never took those JK fenders (as seen on Xtreme 4x4) into production, it was great to know we had such awesome heritage.

Like everything we do, we knew we could develop a better fender for the JK. So we returned to the drawing board, applied all the lessons learned from users across the country over the last couple years and developed from the ground up our new, incredibly rugged, JK Body Armor system.

Designated the Overline, the fenders are truly a hybrid of the Arched and the Overline fenders, breaking the rules and following non-traditional lines.

Once again, we've achieved the most clearance in the industry by raising the fender and flare ABOVE the stock flare lines of the JK. The Red Rubi is running 37" Good-Year MTRs on a Stock Rubicon -- that's no lift.

The quick release removable flares come in 8" (1" over stock width) and 5" (2" below stock width). With the flare removed the fenders have a built in rub rail.

Using the internal bracing seen here, our fenders achieve the same level of rugged rock-biting strength that has been proven time and again with our other product lines.

The MetalCloak Body Armor system for the JK includes the distinctive Rocker Rail, with build in deflector plates and optional MetalCloak Exo-Skins (not seen in this pic).

The rear Quick Release removable flares, bolt directly onto a rugged Exo-Skin that gives just the right about of extreme clearance. Additional bracketry (not shown here) creates our trademark rock-biting strength.

So there you have it -- finally -- Rock-Biting Body Armor for your JK.

Additional product information will go live on our website on Monday, October 11.

We are in pre-order mode, so please call to place your order at 916-631-8071.

We look forward to your feedback!

It's Your Jeep, Only Better. |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Are you a Modern Jeeper?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For quotes or customer service

Lots and Lots of Videos:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 12:53 PM
krutj

2009 JK Wrangler 

Those are sweet.......

-- Joel --
post #3 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 01:26 PM
DAYJ

2013 JK Wrangler 

did that say 37's with stock lift?!?!?!?!?!

post #4 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 01:33 PM
krutj

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYJ View Post
did that say 37's with stock lift?!?!?!?!?!
That's what it sounded like to me.....

-- Joel --
post #5 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

finally some fenders worth buying. Thats pretty insane running 37s with a stock lift. Talk about low center of gravity. Better get some good underbelly armor though.

07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
post #6 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 01:38 PM
DAYJ

2013 JK Wrangler 

see i wouldnt mind runnin those cause u could still wheel with out fear of rollin... hmmmm im sure u would have to trim a bit tho... but worth it
post #7 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 01:56 PM
krutj

2009 JK Wrangler 

Just need to beef up the stock axle tubes....

-- Joel --
post #8 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 02:10 PM
SlvrJK08

2008 JK Wrangler 

That's a very cool product, loving the added tire celarance. I'm a big fan of the lcog route when it comes to building a rig and these seem to fit the bill rather nicely. I know they aren't going to be cheap judging from their tj prices but you get what you pay for. Nicely done.

2008 JK X 2-door, 37" MTRK's, Xenon narrows, 3" Synergy frankenlift, Prorock 44 front with 5.13's/rcv's/rubi locker, Rock Jock 60 rear w/ 5.13's and a Detroit, and lots of armor...
post #9 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 04:06 PM
RIP John

2012 JK Wrangler 

Those are cool and all, but what about the break over clearance for the 4doors? Seems like you still would need to lift it for serious wheeling.

(2011-2016)
post #10 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 06:20 PM
nwbronco

2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm lovin' em. Although, I'm not completely convinced it's a stock suspension. My Rubicon didn't come with external lockouts, and I can not get that kind of droop, even with the swaybar disconnected.

Bob K.
post #11 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Unknown303

2007 JK Wrangler 

Now that is what I need!
post #12 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Jeepineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbronco View Post
I'm lovin' em. Although, I'm not completely convinced it's a stock suspension. My Rubicon didn't come with external lockouts, and I can not get that kind of droop, even with the swaybar disconnected.

Bob K.
The external locks are because we tow the vehicle regularly. Because of the LCG we had to replace the front axel we did not feel the stock would hold up. We did not add any lift for these pictures. But since these pics we have added a custom 2" RE lift for the pomona offroad expo.
post #13 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 10:25 PM
ncb

I think the second picture has a lift installed, or at least bumpstop extensions. Look at the shiny bit on the axle end of the spring.
post #14 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Unknown303

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
I think the second picture has a lift installed, or at least bumpstop extensions. Look at the shiny bit on the axle end of the spring.
Yeah it does look like a bumpstop extension for sure.
post #15 of 158 Old 10-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Jeepineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
Sorry guys no lift, we really have no reason to deceive or you would just be disappointed when you purchased the product...what you see is the standard machined plastic bump plate that comes with the dynatrac axle. Stock is formed black sheet metal.

Tags
JK Wrangler , metalcloak tube fenders , overline tube fenders , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in