Jeep coming home Friday - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 29 Old 07-28-2010, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
ThirdWave
2010 JK Wrangler 

I got a cell phone pic, but you've all seen a stock silver rubi hard top before.
I can't believe I started looking for a Mountain, then gave up and switched to a Sahara and walked out with a Rubi for about the same money as the Mountain.
And yet, my wife fails to see the awesomeness of this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 Old 07-28-2010, 09:28 PM
skivviss

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdWave View Post
I got a cell phone pic, but you've all seen a stock silver rubi hard top before.
I can't believe I started looking for a Mountain, then gave up and switched to a Sahara and walked out with a Rubi for about the same money as the Mountain.
congrats on the rubicon! especially for only +300 over the sahara.
post #18 of 29 Old 07-28-2010, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
ThirdWave
2010 JK Wrangler 

post #19 of 29 Old 07-28-2010, 10:06 PM
rubicube2
2009 JK Wrangler 

Nice rig! I have an '09 Silver Rubi Unlimited too. I love it and I'm sure you will too!
post #20 of 29 Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 PM
BeerGut

You know the 2011 is coming out a a few weeks right?
post #21 of 29 Old 07-28-2010, 11:45 PM
babesintoyland
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
My wife felt the same way when we purchased our Rubicon. So here is the secret: Let her drive it frequently. Just be prepared if the bug bites her like it did my wife. My wife now loves this thing, she put 36,000 miles on it in just two years. She is always searching the Jeep aftermarket sites. She always drives it in the summer without the top and usually without the doors. And yes, she always waves at any Wrangler that comes her way. I have created a monster! When we go out in the Rubicon together she always goes for the driver's seat and then turns to me and asks if I might want to drive. What have I done? She does get scared at times off roading, and then is willing to turn the vehicle over to me. I guess my advice, let her drive this machine. By the way, congratulations on your purchase. Hope you have the same great luck that I have had with mine.

"A clean Jeep is an abused Jeep"
post #22 of 29 Old 07-30-2010, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
ThirdWave
2010 JK Wrangler 

12 hours till show time. I wish they had some kind of big rock at the dealership that I could climb on the way out of the lot. That would be awesome.
post #23 of 29 Old 07-30-2010, 06:39 AM
skivviss

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
12 hours till show time. I wish they had some kind of big rock at the dealership that I could climb on the way out of the lot. That would be awesome.
they do at most, its all the compass, patriot and liberty vehicles sitting around. crawl away!
post #24 of 29 Old 07-31-2010, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
ThirdWave
2010 JK Wrangler 

Got home to find the bottom back corner or the plastic surround on the rear bumper had been smushed and then popped out. Still has a crease on the under neath side.

Called the dealer immediately upon finding it and sounds like they are going to "look into it." I'm sure they'll fix it. Just annoying that I didn't catch it before I got it home.

By the way. The Freedom Top is now located where it belongs. In the garage off the jeep. I had the biggest **** eating grin driving it home. I love this JEEP.

Picking up the wife at the airport tomorrow. She'll get to see it for the first time. Should I have told her I was buying a jeep while she was away on vacation? Oh well. Better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Last edited by JLC08JK; 08-01-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: foul language
post #25 of 29 Old 07-31-2010, 03:53 PM
skivviss

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I had the biggest $ H I T eating grin driving it home. I love this JEEP.

Picking up the wife at the airport tomorrow. She'll get to see it for the first time. Should I have told her I was buying a jeep while she was away on vacation? Oh well. Better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
post #26 of 29 Old 08-01-2010, 01:01 PM
babesintoyland
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Got home to find the bottom back corner or the plastic surround on the rear bumper had been smushed and then popped out. Still has a crease on the under neath side.

Called the dealer immediately upon finding it and sounds like they are going to "look into it." I'm sure they'll fix it. Just annoying that I didn't catch it before I got it home.

By the way. The Freedom Top is now located where it belongs. In the garage off the jeep. I had the biggest **** eating grin driving it home. I love this JEEP.

What? She doesn't know you purchased this Jeep? This might not have been the best way to win her over to the Jeep family. She may "forgive" you but she will never "forget" this! Been happily married 25 years, would never have invested this much money without my wife's knowledge of the purchase, no more that I would want to be surprised by a 20 or 30 thousand dollar purchase of her's. Let us know her reaction.

post #27 of 29 Old 08-01-2010, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
ThirdWave
2010 JK Wrangler 

I was exaggerating a bit when I eluded that she didn't know. She just didn't know what kind of jeep I was getting or what color. I learned early. 15 yrs married in Nov. Don't want to mess it up now.
Although she did go to Disneyworld with out me.
post #28 of 29 Old 08-01-2010, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
ThirdWave
2010 JK Wrangler 

By the way...she offered to break it in for me.
post #29 of 29 Old 08-02-2010, 10:21 PM
babesintoyland
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
By the way...she offered to break it in for me.
It's a great idea, you will find that she will let you buy more toys for it if she "buys" into the Jeep experience. Just be careful, you may be creating a monster like I did. I never know what accessories my wife is looking at. And remember to teach her the "wave."

Tags
JK Wrangler , reviews , sahara , thoughts , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in