Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

I miss my JK.

5K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  Butterjeep 
#1 ·
Traded it in last summer for a used 4 runner. 4 runner is a decent vehicle, seems to do well where I use it etc, but nowhere near as fun as a Jeep.

Recently had a 2012 JKU as a rental vehicle. I miss my Jeep.

#4 ·
I feel like I'm serving a sentence of one year. Two months down and ten to go. Sometimes, late at night after taps, I'll pull the picture I carry in my wallet out and play some blues on my harmonica.

#7 ·
It will be a few years at least. My wife has reminded me on more than one occasion that it is her turn to get a vehicle. Plus getting ready to "retire" from the Navy.

I had plans to mod the 4 runner a bit, but I'm going to leave it stock.

#8 ·
i have the wife blockers too.. eventually i had to do what i needed to, and take the results. she was only mad for a couple days. now my GTI is going to the back burner and all my focus is on my new Jeep. The Xterra is hers and she refuses to get rid of it even tho its past 30k miles now.. lol. i dont keep cars long.

#10 ·
I miss my 09 JK. She was my first. So I fell in love with another... An 2012! I cheated on the 09 with a test drive. We made magic together. She felt good in my hands. I just had to have her! Now, the only regret is that she may look too good and others might try to take her from me! You know the kind??! Those that flaunt promises of gifts! Like aux lights and bigger shinny rims... And lift her up with bigger springs.. Oh well, I just will have to hope its true love...

#11 ·
This made me laugh.^

I had an 08 and traded it for some some speed in the form of a MINI Cooper S and then a BMW 330i. And I ditched em both and came crawling back to buy a 2012 unlimited with half doors.

Nothing beats the versatility of the Wrangler

#12 ·
Looks like I'll be a JK owner later this year. Once the wife's Tucson is paid off that's being traded in for a Rubicon. Wife will be taking my Titan. It'll be 6 years this October that I traded my old YJ in for that Tucson.

#19 ·
paul olllllllo said:
I had an 07 s w manual trans. If you like to "drive" ,it is hands down the best driving car under $80k. However it was very expensive to maintain. Stupid thermostat cost me $500 to have replaced because it was buried. I sure miss driving it, but I do not miss the maintenance costs.

You aren't kidding about the MINI riding on rails. I took a high speed turn in my Challenger that I used to take in my MINI, and I almost flipped the Challenger over.
I'll be under the mini this weekend trying to replace a broken shifter cable. Never did it before do wish me luck!

#28 ·
Whos holding out for the possibility of the diesel wrangler now? 2014 grand cherokee is gettin it... 2015 wrangler?

#31 ·
I missed my TJ when I traded it in for a '09 VW GLI (May '09), then a '10 FJ (May '10), then a '10 GTI (October 2010), then a '12 Xterra (November '12), then a '13 VW CC (December '12). I was in a state of denial and tried to live with a car because of "gas mileage" and tried to build the FJ and Xterra like the Jeep. However, nothing compared to my Jeep so I decided to go back to what I loved which is the off road capability and convertibility of the Jeep. I now own a '13 JKU Sport. I have had it for 17 days and I have put on a lift, wheels/tires, PS front bumper (tomorrow). I have ordered the TF tire carrier and PS rear bumper. Loving every minute of the build so far.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Grille

#33 ·
I miss mine to, had an 08 4dr sport. I traded it in about 6 months ago for a cheaper Mini Clubman, it's great on gas at 30+mpg but I really miss my jeep. The upside is that the Mini is about $250-$350 a month cheaper by the time you account for payment and gas. The good news is in about anotjer 8-10 months I should be debt free, with exception of the Mini payment, at that point I will be getting a clearence 2013 Rubi, or a 2014 Rubi. WOOHOO can't wait.

#34 ·
I still haven't seen mine yet. I posted at the very beginning of this thread almost a year ago and I am still not re-united with my true love. I hope it still remembers me when I get back. In four days it will have been an entire year. Hopefully it will only be twenty odd more after that before my re-union. Who knew a year long sentence would last so long. Damn them for adding more days to the end. It is so cold, windy, and bleak here. I miss how my JK used to keep me warm and even sing to me during the winter. *sniff*

#38 ·
JK is nice, but I miss my TJ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.