Has anyone hit over 100k miles yet? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 209 Old 03-24-2010, 04:12 PM
stockrubi
2008 JK Wrangler 

They have some folks on the JK forum with other 100k miles and no problem. If you can remember this is not the first vehicle Chrysler has put this motor in... caravan. The 3.3 this motor is related to is very reliable. I have read some people received a knock at just over 100k on the caravans 3.8, but not too many. Dare I say it will hold up just as well as the amc 4.0 maybe better? My 2 cents.

08 Flame Red Rubi, first Jeep and loving every minute!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 209 Old 03-24-2010, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
MacK

2015 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttytruckster View Post
I like that, I too go back and forth with my Father in law with his FJ (Fake jeep)
FJ's are just flat out ugly vehicles and are incomparable. My brother told me "Jeeps are expensive because everyone wants one" then he told me my jeep was unreliable because I had to replace brake pads at 50k, and he has never replaced brake pads in his Toyota (94 or so), which btw he got it at 80,000 miles and has about 110k on it now.

So yea, he lied. The irony is I caught every lie he mentioned, and pointed out facts such as Toyotas right now like to accelerated by themselves

I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
post #78 of 209 Old 03-24-2010, 08:47 PM
WindMeUp

2010 JK Wrangler 

I drive way too much, I'm currently driving over 250 miles a week to get to/from work, and another 200-250 at night or on weekends to go out to eat, run errands, etc. I've had the Jeep for 2 weeks and already put 1100 miles on it!

2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Stone White
| TeraFlex 2.5" Performance BB w/ Shock Adaptors | AEV Pintler 17" in Argent | BFG KM2 35x12.50r17 | Rough Country 1.25" Body Lift | OR-Fab Tire Carrier w/ Can Mount | TeraFlex 3rd Brake Light Relocation Bracket |

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #79 of 209 Old 04-07-2010, 09:20 AM
gmfcma

2016 JK Wrangler 

i have 5700 miles, got it in feb of 09, stationed in Japan dont really get to drive too much
post #80 of 209 Old 04-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Jazeeperz

2010 JK Wrangler 

DAMN ! I just turned 1,372 miles on my 2 1/2 week old Rubi

No problems yet

Wish me luck on the next 1,372 miles

159,000 miles on my 97 TJ ... don't ask what I have had to replace on that thang

Stock 2010 4 door Rubicon
post #81 of 209 Old 04-07-2010, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
MacK

2015 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazeeperz View Post
159,000 miles on my 97 TJ ... don't ask what I have had to replace on that thang
Everything?

I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
post #82 of 209 Old 04-07-2010, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
MacK

2015 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
Got my stripped JK in Feb of 07 (half door soft top, only options were automatic, a/c, and tow package)...I'm just about to crack 70k on it, if I haven't already. The only things that have gone wrong was a steering stabilizer (replaced around 40k-50k I think?) and around 67k they decided to replace my water pump while I was still under my extended warantee. It wasn't totally broken yet, but it was heading that way.

I also replaced my stock/factory tires at that service. 5 tire rotations get you a long way, if you rotate them religiously every 6000 miles or so Finally upgraded from the 225/75r16s to something that fills the wells a little better.

So far, so good. I've been getting it serviced every 3-5k or so, with tire rotations every other visit, generally. I still get around 20mpg highway on my morning commute. Other than the stabilizer and water pump nothing's gone horribly wrong, mechanically.
You got pictures of the new tires?

---
Quote:
post #83 of 209 Old 04-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Foxwakeboarder
2012 JK Wrangler 

I cant find the ad but there is a 07 jku for sale in the dallas/ft worth area of texas with 100k+ miles on it was a insurance dealers vehicle.
post #84 of 209 Old 04-07-2010, 01:42 PM
ctgretzky99

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwakeboarder View Post
I cant find the ad but there is a 07 jku for sale in the dallas/ft worth area of texas with 100k+ miles on it was a insurance dealers vehicle.
Fox...I guess you wakeboard? Go to Austin much?

Anyway, sorry... I only have 3600 miles on the Jeep, got it mid February. I already did an oil change at 3k. Obviously no problems yet. Runs great and Il will continue oil changes every 3-4k miles to keep it going long term.

My social media marketing company:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come on by, and "like" us!
post #85 of 209 Old 04-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Dronac
2008 JK Wrangler 

I took my JK into the dealer for a 3rd time for a oil leak. They have already replaced the intake gasket, a valve cover gasket, the oil sender and oil sender gasket, and now they are doing a UV dye test because they think it's the headgasket and they are getting approval from corporate to do the repair O.o

21,000 miles and 3 attempts to fix it. My state lemon law kicks in on the 4th attempt.
post #86 of 209 Old 04-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Gary08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

I bought mind May 08 and have 79000K on problems only seen the dealer for service every 6000K or so.
post #87 of 209 Old 04-08-2010, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
MacK

2015 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronac View Post
I took my JK into the dealer for a 3rd time for a oil leak. They have already replaced the intake gasket, a valve cover gasket, the oil sender and oil sender gasket, and now they are doing a UV dye test because they think it's the headgasket and they are getting approval from corporate to do the repair O.o

21,000 miles and 3 attempts to fix it. My state lemon law kicks in on the 4th attempt.
+1 I did it with Lemon Law - Pennsylvania Lemon Law, New Jersey Lemon Law, Massachusetts Lemon Law, Delaware Lemon Law, Ohio Lemon Law - awesome group of people. Very nice! Working on my leaky soft top that failed to fix after 4 times. I hope to get some money back for having to replace the header bow $150 and wasting gas going to the dealer 20 freaking times!

---
Quote:
post #88 of 209 Old 04-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Hussler

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockrubi View Post
If you can remember this is not the first vehicle Chrysler has put this motor in... caravan. The 3.3 this motor is related to is very reliable. I have read some people received a knock at just over 100k on the caravans 3.8, but not too many.
They are still using that block??? I think we must let go of mitsubishi already and start anew (my 91 dodge dynasty with the 3.3 agrees). Pentastar anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
Sometimes a restoration project is a labor of love, at which point cost, time, and labor involved become irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
post #89 of 209 Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 PM
mboliver

I have just over 75K on my '07.
post #90 of 209 Old 04-08-2010, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
MacK

2015 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboliver View Post
I have just over 75K on my '07.
Sounds good.. running good still?

---
Quote:

Tags
100k miles , high mileage , JK Wrangler , mileage , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in