Hardtop lift - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jwmbishop

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 06-11-2018, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Jopro

Hardtop lift

I posted this question in another forum maybe it was the wrong place but how many of you would be interested in a new cheaper improved version of a hard top lift? one person operated takes less than five minutes to take off. No cables hoist or anything to mount.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-11-2018, 03:05 PM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

You need to take care peddling your wares here, unless you are a paying vendor. These threads usually end up in a banning...

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #3 of 15 Old 06-11-2018, 03:20 PM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopro View Post
I posted this question in another forum maybe it was the wrong place but how many of you would be interested in a new cheaper improved version of a hard top lift? one person operated takes less than five minutes to take off. No cables hoist or anything to mount.
What is your intent here? Research or to tell the world that you are producing this.

Non Vendors selling merchandise is prohibited as it is unfair to our paying vendors. Should this be research and it turns into a product, no advertising will be allowed without vendor status, which I can direct you to the appropriate folks.

Please only post here, multiple cross postings will be deleted and could lead to a permanent vacation.

02 WJ Laredo, heavily optioned but stock
12 JK, 3.5" Teraflex/Franken lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

post #4 of 15 Old 06-11-2018, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Jopro

This is just research, should something turn viable I would most definitely be a paying vendor. I understand that. As of now it’s just concept and looking for feedback or interest.
post #5 of 15 Old 06-12-2018, 07:22 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

OK. You may want to add a target price range. I would say add a poll but I don't think that's possible now.

17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #6 of 15 Old 06-12-2018, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Jopro

Funny that’s exactly what I did from the beginning. No mention that I was currently producing these and selling them... it was a poll with a question of interest and a target range. If it was gaining interest I would have proceeded to have them made and moved to a vendor status no problem here....it got deleted. Sadly I don’t think anyone interested is going to chime in on this thread at this point. I do have interest outside this forum and I was just trying to expand that here. It’s a great concept and works at a good affordable price.just trying to pass that along if possible to others.
post #7 of 15 Old 06-12-2018, 12:36 PM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

You are right, no one will chime in on this thread if you don't add the information needed.

You posted in multiple places, thats frowned upon by the community. Perhaps I deleted the wrong post but seeing as you appeared to be targeting JKU owners, thats why this thread stayed.

I wish you luck.

Also advice, don't cop an attitude with prospective buyers, that never plays well.

17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #8 of 15 Old 06-12-2018, 01:05 PM
jwmbishop
Accidental Obfuscator

2020 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I'm NEVER interested in ANYTHING both "IMPROVED" and "cheaper". That's a sales pitch designed to make potential buyers impulsive in a purchase decision. No picture, no description - just vague promises of easy and cheap?? No second thought. Your marketing is weak, your product in absence.

"There is hardly anything in the world that someone cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price alone are that person's lawful prey. It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better." - John Ruskin

Because its hard to beat the 45.00 rope dingy hoist i've had in service over 7 years, so I see someone trying to sell me something based on my perceived desires of easy function and economic feasibility. - can't really have it all. On or off in less than five minutes. And even though I had to mount it - the parking space below is still usable regardless of whether top is on or off the jeep ... but I can only imagine yours - again because you are not a vendor and have no picture or presence I can research before even considering parting with my cash.

Fair enough poll answer?

J Wm Bishop EA, ASADE
The wagon should, of course, be as light as possible, but strength should not be sacrificed to lightness, for on any but the regularly traveled roads, the wagon will get many a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 15 Old 06-12-2018, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Jopro

This thread has completely gone sideways..I have pictures I have a working prototype it is solid and it works just like I said..I use it currently. I made it with the intent of hopefully making something that works great for everyone and doesn’t cost 1200 bucks.
I have many others outside this forum that love it and would buy it should I get enough traction to move forward. So I decided to do a poll for interest. That’s it nothing more.
You can call it weak marketing BUT the problem is I know I cannot just post all of that on this site without being a vendor I.e. marketing, sales pitch, pictures. Proof of a working idea, website..etc..im not at that point yet either. Patents restrict you from showing to much up front.
so I came looking for a basic interest through a poll with limited information or as much as I thought I could do so as not to cross that line with the forum.
I’m not ready for vendor status. Unless people have the interest and want to buy it.
I only have a working idea at this point and all that needs to be done lined up should it be a green light. All I was looking for at this point was feedback.
Future conversations and information on the product would be for another time if moving forward.

Thanks for expressing your concerns.

I apologize to the moderators for cross posting...my bad.

Thank you
post #10 of 15 Old 06-12-2018, 06:17 PM
arbakken
2015 JK Wrangler 

I'm curious, what's the concept?
post #11 of 15 Old 06-12-2018, 06:41 PM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbakken View Post
I'm curious, what's the concept?
No cables or hoist or mounting...must be something along these lines...

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #12 of 15 Old 06-12-2018, 07:39 PM
jwmbishop
Accidental Obfuscator

2020 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzin View Post
No cables or hoist or mounting...must be something along these lines...
or this with cheaper parts;
https://www.topliftpros.com/.
Kev M likes this.

J Wm Bishop EA, ASADE
The wagon should, of course, be as light as possible, but strength should not be sacrificed to lightness, for on any but the regularly traveled roads, the wagon will get many a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 15 Old 06-12-2018, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Jopro

The plunger is version 2.
Guys I did not reinvent the wheel just made something more affordable that does the job and I can assure you it’s not cheaper material. The material is a steel frame and will support several hundred pounds easily. I will say It is a roll in lift that goes in from the rear tailgate. Lifts the top which you then roll off the Jeep all done by just one person. It collapses for storage when not in use. It basically is very simple and easy to use.
I get it, any product can be bashed on...especially when you can’t see it first hand.
post #14 of 15 Old 06-16-2018, 02:49 PM
Emoto

2017 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
...Because its hard to beat the 45.00 rope dingy hoist i've had in service over 7 years...
This. Not sure my 4 ratchet straps and eye bolts even came to $45, but they might have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
or this with cheaper parts;
https://www.topliftpros.com/.
That is pretty cool!

But, holy cow, $949 + $114 shipping? I'd have to be filthy rich to spend that kind of money on something used only a couple of times a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopro View Post
...The material is a steel frame and will support several hundred pounds easily. I will say It is a roll in lift that goes in from the rear tailgate. Lifts the top which you then roll off the Jeep all done by just one person. It collapses for storage when not in use. It basically is very simple and easy to use...
So, it appears that you made a number of errors in how you presented yourself and your product. I would encourage you to have private correspondence with a moderator and find out what the proper process and etiquette is, instead of hashing it out in public.

Maybe you have a good design concept, maybe not, who knows. However, if it is good and priced fairly, it will probably sell, although you may not get rich from the proceeds. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Finally got a Wrangler!
post #15 of 15 Old 06-16-2018, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Jopro

I can’t say I did it wrong other than cross posting that’s what got me I guess. In that I didn’t follow the rules..but as a newbie to the forum I should have know.

Now as how I came off on presenting my idea my first initial post was in a different forum. Which was a simple question of would people be interested in a new lift idea at an affordable price. it had a poll attached to it and I was looking for feedback wether to move forward if enough interest.

I then moved it to this forum group. That’s when the moderators thought I was selling something I guess an openly decided to question me and slapped my hand for cross posting .Then after it settled some what I was told to do a poll.. yes just like the one that got deleted originally. And now it turned into this. What can I say.

I would have figured in my original post a moderator would have pm’d me to find out my intent and if I was a vendor selling something etc...we could have worked it out behind closed doors...instead I was blind sided in the open and basically had to hash it out or just leave.

I came here because we are all Jeep owners and I created something that works and didn’t cost a fortune for me to make and I figured I could pass that along to others at a good cost if enough people wanted to see something like that. Because I have seen MANY people wanting something but not willing to pay 1200...So I did a poll. I am not looking to get rich, I do just fine in life. But I pride myself in the things I create. Figured we could all benefit.

I get peoples frustration on not seeing any pictures or concepts if I can do that I would..patent attorneys frown upon me showing the public at this point for fear someone WILL mimic this design.

I will continue this outside the forum and return as a vendor at the right time as i do believe in this product. It’s not the final answer to a hardtoplift by any means but it certainly is a great portable collapsing lift that is not giant and bulky. No tricky cables wires no supporting from the ceiling etc..

If people are interested I can certainly repost the poll here if the moderators will allow it.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in