Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Footwell glow lights .

12K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  jeepzjgrrl 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought I would do that LED footwell glow light deal . I went with blue , I find it easier on my eyes at night . The ones I used I picked up at Walmart for $14.99 a set . I used a slightly undersized drill bit and friction fit the LED lights into the holes . I soldered and heatshrunk everything , grounds got dielectric grease . I was going to wire a trigger to the driving lights ........ then to the ignition..... I decided to just use a switch so I could use them whenever I want . They draw 0.04amp/light so even if I left them on it wouldn't matter . I only installed 4 ( one set ) and may put some near the centre arm pad ....... not sure yet if I even like them ...... time will tell . So here it goes .........

In three parts .... for the pics ...:cheers::wave:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Footwell glow lights P-2 .

I put the lights in the pull off panels at the bottom of both sides of the dash ....

Attachments

#3 ·
Footwell glow lights P-3

The lights point straight down ........

I also got rid out the insulation from under my hood ....... hated that stuff !!
:cheers::wave:

Attachments

#4 ·
Awesome... i got red led's in the foot wells.. it looks badazz with the doors off...

i actually have not 'completely' wired them in with a switch yet...kinda rigged it up until i have time to do it right.. what i am really wanting to is replace the factory power supply on the dash unit...so i am waiting to hard wire it completely ...with a set of Hella lights :shhh:

:highfive: heres to you and your baby blues

lol

#6 ·
Awesome... i got red led's in the foot wells.. it looks badazz with the doors off...

i actually have not 'completely' wired them in with a switch yet...kinda rigged it up until i have time to do it right.. what i am really wanting to is replace the factory power supply on the dash unit...so i am waiting to hard wire it completely ...with a set of Hella lights :shhh:

:highfive: heres to you and your baby blues

lol
Thanks Dude ! :cheers:

#5 ·
Looks good, I actually did the same thing.

Could I snatch power from the outlet that's switched? Would it mess up anything?

#7 ·
Looks good, I actually did the same thing.

Could I snatch power from the outlet that's switched? Would it mess up anything?
I don't honestly know , but you sure could use a switched source to trigger a relay . It would be just about bulletproof then , take power from your battery for the relay and use the switched source to tell it to come on ...... no worries ....... and Thanks ! :cheers::wave:

#9 ·
The last couple of pics where at night ..... I'll try again tommorrow with a different setting and see how they come out . I think they are a bit bright ...... only time will tell .
Thanks Dude ! ...... :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.