Exhaust and neon lights for Jeep JK? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 01-07-2018, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
jvelez

2011 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Exhaust and neon lights for Jeep JK?

Hey guys, I recently got handed down a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (dark green) from my brother. I've started to get some basic accessories for it : Gladiator grill, led headlights and fog lights, fuel cap door, got the windows tinted, 28' KO2's with the factory rims blacked out(it's not lifted and I'm not planning to do so, it's a college daily driver). I've got all these basic cosmetic upgrades but I was looking to get a more aggressive sound from the Jeep. I've had the Flowmaster 44 on my mind but I wanted to get opinions first from experienced owners, is it good buy or not? Ultimately is it really too loud on the inside and on the outside? Also I was thinking about getting some underbody neon lights because I haven't seen many jeeps from where I am with those lights and they look pretty sweet. The Jeep looks pretty nice right now from the front and the back but I was looking for more accessories that would make it look good from the sides. What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-07-2018, 10:59 AM
fromme

2015 JK Wrangler 

Neon lights?

Don't buy any of that silly crap and save your money to put gas in the tank.

2015 JKUR
post #3 of 12 Old 01-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Bill123

2016 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Don't waste your money on garbage like that on a Jeep. Also, before you even consider it, NEVER put any chrome on a Jeep. I know that you didn't mention that, but I think neon lights and chrome kinda go together.

2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2.5" Teraflex Lift
305/70-17 Toyo Open Country AT2
Fuel Lethal Wheels

post #4 of 12 Old 01-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

A flowmaster or any other muffler isn't going to do much for making it sound 'beefier'. It's a V6, it'll never be beefy. You'll end up making it sound like a ricer.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #5 of 12 Old 01-07-2018, 02:33 PM
Psycho-X-Jeep

2009 JK Wrangler 

The only experience with aftermarket exhaust I have with these jeeps is the MBRP 'high clearance offroad exhaust' (I think that is what its called). Has a nice tone, isn't obnoxious in the cabin or out. These jeeps will never sound like a V8, so don't get your hopes up.

As for neon lights... Just call them "rock lights", and you may get a better response from some people. Neon is for show vehicles. Rocklights are for offroad vehicles. Lots of cheap choices out there, easy to search ebay and amazon for them. Heck even autozone sells light strips. Now the top quality (more expensive) brands of rock lights have different colors available, but you only have the choice of running one color (Vision X "tantrum", Rigid Industries "A-Series", Lux Lighting "Max or Micro Max"). But I did find one brand that seems to be high quality that has color changing ability, with real white light (not a blend of colors to 'fake' white light). Look up Infinite Offroad 'shadow reaper'. I have a set in my garage that I was eventually going to swap in... I currently have the vision X 'tantrum' kit which is fantastic. But like I said, it doesn't color change.

Call me Eddo
09 JKUR
13 WK2 Trailhawk
post #6 of 12 Old 01-08-2018, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
jvelez

2011 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Chrome looks like trash man lol.
post #7 of 12 Old 01-08-2018, 03:12 PM
mrwhipple

2012 JK Wrangler 

Keep with a stock exhaust. It will be a much more pleasant drive. Most of the aftermarket exhaust start to Drone on the hwy. they'll be noisy.

silver jkur
post #8 of 12 Old 01-08-2018, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
jvelez

2011 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho-X-Jeep View Post
The only experience with aftermarket exhaust I have with these jeeps is the MBRP 'high clearance offroad exhaust' (I think that is what its called). Has a nice tone, isn't obnoxious in the cabin or out. These jeeps will never sound like a V8, so don't get your hopes up.

As for neon lights... Just call them "rock lights", and you may get a better response from some people. Neon is for show vehicles. Rocklights are for offroad vehicles. Lots of cheap choices out there, easy to search ebay and amazon for them. Heck even autozone sells light strips. Now the top quality (more expensive) brands of rock lights have different colors available, but you only have the choice of running one color (Vision X "tantrum", Rigid Industries "A-Series", Lux Lighting "Max or Micro Max"). But I did find one brand that seems to be high quality that has color changing ability, with real white light (not a blend of colors to 'fake' white light). Look up Infinite Offroad 'shadow reaper'. I have a set in my garage that I was eventually going to swap in... I currently have the vision X 'tantrum' kit which is fantastic. But like I said, it doesn't color change.
Great advice man I appreciate it! I think I'll leave the exhaust as it is for a while. Rock lights does sound like a more appropriate term haha. Definitely will be looking in to that. Also, in my opinion I believe that the factory lights in the JK are poor. I was thinking about changing the light bulbs with LED bulbs to get better visibility inside, and one in the license plate so it matches the headlights what do you think?
post #9 of 12 Old 01-09-2018, 09:07 PM
WJChris

2013 JK Wrangler 

I have found some 2017/2018 OEM JK LED headlights. They are less than 1/2 the cost of JW Speaker and have great light. My 2013 sport does not have any major flicker issues. I thought I noticed it a couple times, but nothing that warrants paying for anti flicker module or reprogramming the ECM.

I used the PUTCO LED bulbs for the fogs. Super bright and perfect match to the headlights.
post #10 of 12 Old 01-10-2018, 11:49 AM
arbakken
2015 JK Wrangler 

No offense, but if you're worried about the headlights matching the license plate bulb, you're driving the wrong vehicle. Same with the neon. I mean, different stroke for different folks, but...
post #11 of 12 Old 01-10-2018, 12:23 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
rock lights for the street...........need a spotter?

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 12 Old 01-10-2018, 12:48 PM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Gotta be able to see those parking blocks at the mall!

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion

Tags
accessories , exhaust , flowmaster , jeep jk , lights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in