Essential accessories for a new owner - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 31 Old 11-19-2015, 12:45 PM
propped1

2007 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffself View Post
Since I already have an urge to buy stuff for my new Rubicon, I want to spend on the essentials now and save the big stuff for later. So what IS essential?

What are the things that should be in my Rubicon?

Here are some things I'm thinking of now:

1. Hitch mounted rack carrier
2. Tools (Just bought the #40 torx driver last nite, what else?)
3. Tire guage

What am I leaving out?
None of these listed are essential. Accessories are by definition, in addition to the basics.

If you're going off road, communication, inflation, deflation, recovery points front and rear, something to attach to those recovery points... like a 10K+ strap. A friend is a good idea too.

If you are driving it on the street only, other than gasoline in the tank, nothing. It comes with all you need.

Take care of these things, then go on some trips, join a club or 6, stay on the forums... you'll find out what you "need". Eventually the answer will be "all of the accessories."

Lesson one, dont let other people tell you what brands or what things to do to your own Jeep. If you don't have fabrication and automotive mechanical skills, find yourself a reputable shop with guys you trust. Ask a lot of questions. Thats essential. A tire rack on your bumper is not.

4" lift, PR 44, PR 60, 5.13, 37 Toyo MT, ATX Slabs, Skids, PSC Big Bore, 2Way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
accessories , essential accessories , JK Wrangler , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in