Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Eco?

4K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  McKBrew 
#1 ·
I know this had been posted but what does the eco light mean?

#3 ·
2011 Owner's manual:
ECO (Fuel) Saver Indicator-If Equipped

The ECO-ON indicator will illuminate when you are driving in a fuel efficient manner and can be used to modify driving habits in order to increase fuel economy. The ECO display will toggle between ECO and ECO-ON depending on driving habits and vehicle usage.

Played with it on a fuel up and managed to get 23 mpg( not on the idiot gauge). Miles driven divided by next fill up amount in gallons. It was feather pedal driving though, and 95% in town, around 35 to 40 mph.

EDIT: on our '11 there is a green range on the tach that you can see where the sweet spot is to activate ECO-ON.

Bob K.

#9 ·
Reason I ask is I never see it come on, only went I go through the miles thing.

#12 ·
For the people who see the "ECO" light come on when going down hill, foot off the gas:

Under those circumstances, the fuel injection is off.
You can't get any more "eco" than that.

My '08 didn't do that until the latest update.
Now, when going down hill, foot off the gas, the fuel injection shuts off.
There is no "ECO" light on it, though.
I can tell when it is off by watching the injector pulse width go to zero.
When it comes back on, I can feel the engine jerk back to life.

#17 ·
My '08 didn't do that until the latest update.
Now, when going down hill, foot off the gas, the fuel injection shuts off.
There is no "ECO" light on it, though.
I can tell when it is off by watching the injector pulse width go to zero.
When it comes back on, I can feel the engine jerk back to life.
Do they do regular up-dates when you go in for service (i.e.) oil change at the dealer or is this something you have to request?
I'm not sure though I think that this could be what I notice when going down grade in cruse control.
:tea:

#14 ·
Mine doesn't ever come on, ever. Down hill, coasting, nothing.

#16 ·
I tried while driving, it doesn't show up. Do I need to put it on that display while sitting still and then drive??

#19 ·
I have no idea what any of this is about. I have never seen a light on the MPG display? I drive pretty conservatively and eek out 22mpg with commuting (calculated not MPG display). Where is this at? Do I have to turn it on or something?

#21 ·
On the '11, it is the 3 option on the detent switch for the Odometer. If I toggle to it, it will stay in the display and when the ECO driving technique is reached, the display changes to ECO-ON. I copied for word what is in the owner's manual. The manual is not very helpful in how to engage it. It just explains how it works.

Bob K.

#22 ·
On the '11, it is the 3 option on the detent switch for the Odometer. If I toggle to it, it will stay in the display and when the ECO driving technique is reached, the display changes to ECO-ON. I copied for word what is in the owner's manual. The manual is not very helpful in how to engage it. It just explains how it works.

Bob K.
This is from the '11 owner's manual:

Press the
Odometer / Trip Odometer / ECO (Fuel Saver Indicator)
button to change the display from odometer to either of
the two trip odometer settings or the "ECO" display.

#26 ·
Maybe rubicon can't save gas? lol I can't figure it out.

#27 ·
My buddies '10 JKUR has it and when I told him that I had no idea what everyone was talking about on this thread, he told me to scan through all of the settings on the dash. It apparently does not have it. I was just confused as I hadn't heard of it before.

#29 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.