Driver’s seat won’t lower - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 09-22-2020, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
tecumsa
Web Wheeler

2016 JK Wrangler 

Driver’s seat won’t lower

I’ve tried pushing down on the lever, but it doesn’t budge. I did get it to go down once (the lever) but the seat still would not
go down. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-23-2020, 03:11 PM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Hi there, we understand how this may be frustrating! We recommend visiting your dealer if you are unable to remedy this on your own. Please know that our team is always just a PM away!

Kathryn
JeepCares
post #3 of 11 Old 09-24-2020, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
tecumsa
Web Wheeler

2016 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, I know that's an option, but, honestly, the three Jeep dealerships near me all s-ck. The one dealership that I did like was closed when Chrysler shut down a lot of them a few years ago. I only go to them as a very last resort, or if it's a warranty repair, one of them I won't go to even then, they tried denying my one covered repair.

post #4 of 11 Old 09-24-2020, 08:47 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

You probably have to pull the seat and grease up the mech. I had to do that to the tumble feature on my drivers seat. It just didn't want to go. I spent close to an hour to get it to tumble, once I did, I pulled the seat and greased up everything. So far, so good.

If you have never pulled the seat, it's not easy the first time as the bolts have red locktite on them. I needed a HF earthquake impact to break those free the first time but a good (big) breaker bar will work.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #5 of 11 Old 09-24-2020, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
tecumsa
Web Wheeler

2016 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranbiz View Post
You probably have to pull the seat and grease up the mech. I had to do that to the tumble feature on my drivers seat. It just didn't want to go. I spent close to an hour to get it to tumble, once I did, I pulled the seat and greased up everything. So far, so good.

If you have never pulled the seat, it's not easy the first time as the bolts have red locktite on them. I needed a HF earthquake impact to break those free the first time but a good (big) breaker bar will work.
Thanks. I was hoping it was something I could get at before pulling the seat. How did you get it to tumble, just kept trying? Any idea what locked it up?
post #6 of 11 Old 09-24-2020, 10:43 AM
lrainer

Kathryn,

Thank you for being such an active part of this board and helping people. I have an issue that I'd like to discuss, but am unable to PM you (read new members can not PM). Is it possible for you to send me a message for me to reply to?

Thanks,
Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
Hi there, we understand how this may be frustrating! We recommend visiting your dealer if you are unable to remedy this on your own. Please know that our team is always just a PM away!

Kathryn
JeepCares
post #7 of 11 Old 09-25-2020, 08:20 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecumsa View Post
Thanks. I was hoping it was something I could get at before pulling the seat. How did you get it to tumble, just kept trying? Any idea what locked it up?
I figured out where the latch was on the rail and pulled on the cable sheath enough to get it to release. it's supposed to unlatch when you slide the seat forward enough but I had dirt and crap in the latch/cable sheath.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #8 of 11 Old 09-25-2020, 09:00 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrainer View Post
Kathryn,

Thank you for being such an active part of this board and helping people. I have an issue that I'd like to discuss, but am unable to PM you (read new members can not PM). Is it possible for you to send me a message for me to reply to?

Thanks,
Louis
Hi Louis,
Our team has sent you a private message to further discuss your concerns. Please continue to work with us there, thank you.

Kathryn
JeepCares
post #9 of 11 Old 09-29-2020, 01:59 PM
lrainer

Kathryn,

I apologize, but I can't seem to be able to reply to the PM, and my message to the moderators for help hasn't been answered yet.

If possible, can you email me directly at "louis (dot) spam01 (at) me (dot) com"? If not, is there another platform where we can chat offline?

I greatly apologize to the original thread started for my kidnapping of his thread...or anyone else following it who thinks my posts add valuable information to his issue.

Thanks,
Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
Hi Louis,
Our team has sent you a private message to further discuss your concerns. Please continue to work with us there, thank you.

Kathryn
JeepCares
post #10 of 11 Old 09-30-2020, 09:04 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Hi Louis,
We have emailed you for further discussion of your concerns. We look forward to working with you there.

Kathryn
JeepCares
post #11 of 11 Old 09-30-2020, 12:58 PM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

I never even realized that the seats could adjust 'up by using that handle until I took mine in for an oil change last week, and got it back with everything screwed up. Took me a good 5 minutes to figure out how to get it back down so I wasn't hitting my head

I do not understand why the folks at the dealership feel the need to adjust the seat, steering wheel, side mirrors, rear view mirrors, radio stations, and vent setting just to change my oil?!?!

Hoss

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in