Computer issues - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-13-2017, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
0848YJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Computer issues

So I have searched the web and the threads and can't seem to truly find anything that helps. I have a 2010 Rubicon and my issues started when I hit a speed bump on my way to work and my swayer light started flashing. I checked my fuses and disconnected the battery for about 15minutes but nothing. Two days later my mini computer display with the temp and compass went completely blank, than on occasion going around a turn on paved road my traction control will kick in and I lose all power for a time, to put the icing on the cake today on my way to work every light left on my display came on Brake, engine, transmission, seatbelt, airbags, ABS ect. When I got to work and shut it down it would not restart for a few minutes. Than when it did I was back to the Swayer light and not mini computer. Ideas please

Last edited by 0848YJ; 03-13-2017 at 05:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-13-2017, 07:29 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Try pulling the negative battery cable for a few minutes and then reconnect. Basically, rebooting the computer.

I would also check the connections to the PCM for corrosion and being connected fully.

02 WJ Laredo, heavily optioned but stock
12 JK, 3.5" Teraflex/Franken lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #3 of 5 Old 03-13-2017, 07:55 AM
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranbiz View Post
Try pulling the negative battery cable for a few minutes and then reconnect. Basically, rebooting the computer.
Look at his 3rd sentence in the first post.

Corrosion in the electrical side of the sway bar can manifest itself in other areas.

The main power lead at the TIPM has been known to be loose, causing similar issues.

A loose ground will cause strange things to happen. Unfortunately, there are grounds all over the place, some requiring you to hunt for them.

2008 JKU Rubicon
42RLE Auto

post #4 of 5 Old 03-13-2017, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
0848YJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I took it to a shop with a computer to hook up today. At first the only thing faulting was the sway bar, check engine light, esp/bas and the traction control and my mini display(compass, temperature) hasn't been working. So we attempted to clear the faults. Thats when it got strange. The car wouldn't start after that and the car dinged without the key in it or lights on. Everything lit up like Christmas on the dash. So we unplugged the sway bar. We than ran the scanner again and this time everything faulted. I mean failed to reach climate control, security system, TCIM, abs ect.... All the lights went out though but the check engine and sway bar. And it started. The tech believes it is a TCIM issue. He has seen a large number of Grand Cherokees have they fuse boxes go bad and thinks mine might be doing the same thing. He doesn't want to replace it till he is sure though. I am going to check the connections like Ronjenx suggested. I am open to all ideas. I do live in Port-Au-Prince Haiti for the time being so my options are limited. I am open to all ideas.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-16-2017, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
0848YJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

It seems to have gotten better. The check engine light has gone out and I have had no issues since the shop visit. I have not checked the fuse box plug at this time since it seems to have leveled out. Is it possible that the sway bar being plugged in and not working could have caused all these issues?

Tags
compass , electrical problem , sway bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in