Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Change Oil Message showed up

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  cdnroadwarrior 
#1 ·
So I changed my Oil about three weeks ago and this morning the "Change Oil" message showed up. I tried the pedal to the floor three times trick but nothing. Any advise?

Thanks,
Mason

#9 ·
:cool: NO-if you've turned key to "ON"-immediately pushed gas pedal to floor 3-times within 10 seconds--not lightning fast just steady--three times to floor, turn key off--should go off, if not-

FAGETABOUTIT and drive regularly--should disappear !

Good luck

:tea: JIMBO

#10 ·
kinggatman said:
:eek: messing with the new guy lol. on a serious note, if the message doesn't turn off should I change the oil again?
The newer models let you postpone the warning message. Like hitting snooze on your alarm clock. I'll bet you just snoozed the warning.

Just reset it per the dance steps.

If I recall, it was noticed that the driver's door needs to be shut. (Unless that was for programming keys....)

EDIT, I see in your profile you have a 2010. Correct? in which case, no snooze feature like the newer EVIC models.

So, you change the oil 3 weeks ago and you thought you reset the warning, right? But it came on again, how many miles in the last three weeks? It would be really weird to get a NEW warning after such a short time.

#15 ·
You have to wait until I call "system boot up." It is when all the lights on the dash get to their final position. If you do it IMMEDIATELY when the key is turned on, you'll not be able to get the pedal trick to work. So, turn on key, wait for lights to stop blinking, turn on/turn off, whatever selected lights do (some turn on and off, some may be off then turn on and some may blink.) Takes maybe 3 seconds after turning the key and THEN pedal 3x...

#18 ·
Neo1130 said:
You have to wait until I call "system boot up." It is when all the lights on the dash get to their final position. If you do it IMMEDIATELY when the key is turned on, you'll not be able to get the pedal trick to work. So, turn on key, wait for lights to stop blinking, turn on/turn off, whatever selected lights do (some turn on and off, some may be off then turn on and some may blink.) Takes maybe 3 seconds after turning the key and THEN pedal 3x...
Update: finally got the light off! I don't know what i was doing but it's off. Thanks for the replies everyone

Winning doesn't matter as long as you Win

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.