Buyer Beware... - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-30-2009, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
XJNUTTIER

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Buyer Beware...

I just wanted to share a littel story with all you guys considering purchasing a new Jeep, or purchasing a lift kit. I have a 2007 JK, that was purchased here in PA, where i work at, a Jeep dealer. The Jeep origionally came from Adams Jeep in Aberdeen MD. They installed a Rustys lift on the Jeep front and rear mopar bumers, and sold it new like this. The jeep now has 21 k miles, and I have a loud banging sound, coming fromt he rear. I thought the diff was falling out, I even thought the tire carrier was coming unglued or something. I could not find it. I brought it into work, and have it checked out on the lift. They found the rear Rusty's track bar' which comes with lifetime warranty, has a bad set of threads on the adjustable end, and it is sliding in adn out of the threads. I call Adams, and I get no prob, they are on order and will be here tomorrow, which would ahve been Tuesday. I wait til Wednesday,a nd I call Danny, and he acts like he never spoke to me before, and when i ask if the track bar is in, he just tranfewrs me to parts, to talk to some guy I never spoke to before, and explain the story again. I find out from the parts manager that they will not cover the fix, and I need to speak with Danny. Well needless to say they are not standing behind there work, and Rustys warranty. I spoke with Rusty, and he said they would have to do the warranty since they installed it. Just a word of warning, to anyone who is considering purchasing from them...I just got the new JKS adjustable bar, which is awesome,a dn they also have a new brace, i got the 1st one from quadratec, it came in last night, and it looks like a great solution to the breaking perch ont he axle..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-30-2009, 02:08 PM
RussK
2007 JK Wrangler 

what does buying a jeep or considering purchasing a new jeep have anything to do with it. Sounds like a faulty part or a bad installer. I don't know what the install waranty from the dealer is but seems like they should cover it unless it is all due to the part from Rusty's. Not the jeep itself????

Hopefully the new part does the trick.

Seems to me the dealer should help you since you work there, that total BS.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-30-2009, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
XJNUTTIER

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussK View Post
what does buying a jeep or considering purchasing a new jeep have anything to do with it. Sounds like a faulty part or a bad installer. I don't know what the install waranty from the dealer is but seems like they should cover it unless it is all due to the part from Rusty's. Not the jeep itself????

Hopefully the new part does the trick.

Seems to me the dealer should help you since you work there, that total BS.
I think it has to do with everything, another lying no good dealer, who told me one thing and then could not deliver, on a warranted part from the manufacurer. I think if they don't honor a warranted part, what else won't they do for you? I can say I will never buy anything from them.I am trying to inform, not argue any point, it was just piss poor customer service is what it is, period.

post #4 of 6 Old 01-30-2009, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
XJNUTTIER

1998 XJ Cherokee 

the JKS, awesome and totally recommened adjustable sway bar. The bar is about twice as thick as the rusty's and the joint has a bend to contour better to the angles back there. Very inpressed to say the least. I also wanted to share the part about the upgraded gusset for the lower track bar mount on the axle, it is now available from JKS, and from what I can tell, would work with any track bar, factory or aftermarket. and it was only $42 bucks at quadratec...
post #5 of 6 Old 01-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Silver_Hilton
2009 JK Wrangler 

I just bought a new 09 JK Unlimited Rubicon from a Chrysler/Jeep dealer in Lancaster. The salesman and sales manager didn't have a clue about Jeeps, I had to take it back twice to the service department to get a simple door adjustment taken care of properly. I ordered several Mopar accessories through the dealer's serivice parts department that didn't come in when they promised they would, and I've only had 2 weeks experience with this dealership, so I wonder what lies down the road.

What dealer do you work at?

John

p.s Just kidding. I've enjoyed my experiences at the dealership so far! Much better than the dealer in the town where I live 12 miles east.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-30-2009, 09:13 PM
wheelerbob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJNUTTIER View Post
I just wanted to share a littel story with all you guys considering purchasing a new Jeep, or purchasing a lift kit. I have a 2007 JK, that was purchased here in PA, where i work at, a Jeep dealer. The Jeep origionally came from Adams Jeep in Aberdeen MD. They installed a Rustys lift on the Jeep front and rear mopar bumers, and sold it new like this. The jeep now has 21 k miles, and I have a loud banging sound, coming fromt he rear. I thought the diff was falling out, I even thought the tire carrier was coming unglued or something. I could not find it. I brought it into work, and have it checked out on the lift. They found the rear Rusty's track bar' which comes with lifetime warranty, has a bad set of threads on the adjustable end, and it is sliding in adn out of the threads. I call Adams, and I get no prob, they are on order and will be here tomorrow, which would ahve been Tuesday. I wait til Wednesday,a nd I call Danny, and he acts like he never spoke to me before, and when i ask if the track bar is in, he just tranfewrs me to parts, to talk to some guy I never spoke to before, and explain the story again. I find out from the parts manager that they will not cover the fix, and I need to speak with Danny. Well needless to say they are not standing behind there work, and Rustys warranty. I spoke with Rusty, and he said they would have to do the warranty since they installed it. Just a word of warning, to anyone who is considering purchasing from them...I just got the new JKS adjustable bar, which is awesome,a dn they also have a new brace, i got the 1st one from quadratec, it came in last night, and it looks like a great solution to the breaking perch ont he axle..

I bought my jeep from Adams and when I was looking they had a few that they had lifted with the Rusty's kit and had 35's on them, the salesman tried to sell me one till I saw that they were charging over $7000 for the lift and tire & wheel package. I bought an x and did it the way I wanted for much less, glad I didn't buy it that way now that it seems they won't stand behind it.

There's Nothing on TV!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in