Bump Stops and Warranty - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 07-23-2021, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
minimodes89

2017 JK Wrangler 

Bump Stops and Warranty

I was walking out to my jeep yesterday and noticed both my front bump stops are crumbling(Well pretty much gone). I have a 2017 JKU with 49K miles and the maxcare warranty. Any chance of getting these replaced under warranty? The jeeps never been off road and just used for commuting to work everyday, I'm not really sure how they are so bad so soon. I have buddies with 2012-2017 JKUs and their bump stops look practically new.

What do you guys recommend for replacements in the likely event they won't cover it? Can you install them through the coils?

Overall the last 4K miles have been pretty disappointing with the jeep. The day I hit 45K I had an issue with the oil pump and it needed to be replaced, then a return visit to the dealer since I had an oil leak after they replaced the pump. Followed shortly after with one of my calipers seizing two months after I had the pads and rotors replaced. Another mild annoyance is some rust right inside the grill. I love the jeep just not happy with the issues which are coming up now, especially with the fact that the other JKU owners I know haven't really had any of these issues with more mileage and age.

Attached Thumbnails
2152.jpg   2153.jpg  

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited-Stock 121000 On the clock-Sold
16 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Leaked like a sieve and bought back by dealer
17 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Penn State Alum:Industrial Engineering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-23-2021, 10:00 AM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
might be able to stuff in the jounce rubber with suspension at full droop. see if the old passes through the springs. the new will too. they can be rather tough to stuff in, little soap and pry them up off a spring.

yea mine are still good and the jeep is used mainly as a off road toy. Rust, well they all will and where you live plays into that more then anything. here in Az my jeep is near rust free as it can get still. Rock rash is more our issue. not much can stop that unless it goes street only....

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in