best jk lift kit - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-25-2009, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
1dirtracer
2009 JK Wrangler 

best jk lift kit

pick up 2009 rubicon 4dr last night. lifting it 4-5" whats the best kit, long or short arm, best ride, towing behind mh, best for lite 4 bying
thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-25-2009, 09:40 AM
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

I have always been a fan of rubicon express kits. Had one on my TJ and was more than pleased

I have heard good things about the AEV kit

I will be going with the Rock Krawler Mid arm setup on my rig though. I love the way it flexes

-Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-25-2009, 09:52 AM
s1edneck700

2008 JK Wrangler 

cant go wrong with the poly performance stage 3, probably the most complete quality lift on the market...

post #4 of 6 Old 08-25-2009, 09:57 AM
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1edneck700 View Post
cant go wrong with the poly performance stage 3, probably the most complete quality lift on the market...
I liked the poly performance kit until I saw the price

-Matt

post #5 of 6 Old 08-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

X2 on Poly Performance Stage 3

Poly Performance Inc.*::*Suspension Kits/Parts*::*Jeep Suspension Systems*::*2007+ JK Wrangler Suspension System*::*Poly Performance*::*Poly Performance Jeep JK Stage 3 Synergy Suspension System - JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard

I can tell you I initially had a craptastic 3" Black Diamond lift, which was a complete waste of time and money. As you can see in my signature, I have removed almost everything from Black Diamond and have almost all Poly Performance steering and suspension components. I wish I would have went with PP to begin with. This thing rides and drives a lot better on the street than it should for a vehicle this big, this tall, and this capable offroad. You get what you pay for. Sure, they are expensive, but how many Jeeps do you know that can toy with Mustangs and other cars on the street, even through twisties, while running 35's? I have to use cruise control because otherwise I look down at the speedometer to find I am doing 85 to 90 mph when it feels like I am doing 55.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Steve98
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman8706 View Post
I liked the poly performance kit until I saw the price
No kidding, I'm sure its a nice kit, but what a ton of money for short arms! I would go with the rock krawler triple threat long arm, but as money and welding for the install is an issue for me, its the 4.5 inch AEV kit. AEV has really done a lot of R&D and their kit works well without doing driveshafts, etc. Perfect for what it sounds like you want.

2006 LJ Rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in