Best JK 2.5" lift while keeping stock driving as much as possible? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 Old 11-19-2015, 07:43 PM
bbingman
2015 JK Wrangler 

Jeep advise

I have a 2016 jeep unlimited and want to get a 2 inch lift. I use the the jeep for a daily driver 75 % and trails 25%. Question are 33 vs 35, and which 2-2.5 lift kit. How is the gas mileage affected by 33 vs 35.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 11-20-2015, 12:37 AM
Kolak
Vendor

I think you would like the Old Man Emu coil springs along with Bilstein shocks. This is an excellent riding/handling combination and the nice thing about OME springs is we can choose from various spring rates to suit your vehicle's stock/aftermarket equipment.

PM me if you'd like to chat about a setup for your Jeep

Kolak Performance and Offroad
Member: Specialty Equipment Market Association
Telephone: 480 998-3661

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 36 Old 11-20-2015, 12:41 PM
propped1

2007 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Get a kit that has geometry correction. Springs, Track bar (definitely front, rear can just be bracket), swaybar links. Get the shocks you want after that. Bilstein are stiff. I have them. Fantastic offroad, but I also have the 5160 and not the 5100. Same rate, though the 60s have more travel.

Fox are a bit smoother (never driven) Ive been told.

The RS9000 shocks a lot of people like...

Putting a couple pucks in is not going to drive like stock. It will look better maybe, but that wasnt your original question. At 2.5, you wont need control arms. You can get front lowers for a better ride, but I tolerate mine without them.

4" lift, PR 44, PR 60, 5.13, 37 Toyo MT, ATX Slabs, Skids, PSC Big Bore, 2Way

post #34 of 36 Old 11-20-2015, 12:56 PM
Xatten

2013 JK Wrangler 

You asked about mileage with 33 vs 35s. That's a little more complicated question. To run 35s, in my opinion and probably many others here are that you need to regear or you will not like it. Now, if I missed something like you already have 4.1s or 4.56 then disregard. I have 35s and regeared from 3.21 to 4.56 and actually gained miles. This figured at the pump vs lie meter. With 33s which I had for a while, mileage was even better. Reason being is that with taller gears, the engine/trans doesn't have to work as hard. Very little downshift on the highway compared to stock gears. Around town, you will lose some economy though. But you will gain waay more giddyup. My 2 cents.

Just Hunt!
post #35 of 36 Old 11-21-2015, 09:12 AM
rla1999
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by asere22 View Post
Hi Jeep forum members,

I need some ideas as to what is the best 2.5" JK lift (planning to add 35's). Would like to keep the jeep stock as much as possible and don't want to compromise driving quality. Money is not an issue I want quality parts but nothing too extreme since I'm not going to do any hardcore offroading.
That was my concern when I was doing the research for mine. I went ahead and lifted mine 2.5 in as well using teraflex suspensions. I also got 35s. you'll notice the difference on the road but not much. After I added two smittybuilt bumpers with tire carrier, it now feels heavier, as expected, and gives me about 25 miles less per gas tank fill. When on the Turnpike or I-95 at speeds of 70 - 80 mph, at least for me, the steering becomes difficult. It may be I need to add a steering stabilizer. But at those speeds, you definitely feel the difference. It's not as comfortable as stock.

Hope this helps.
post #36 of 36 Old 11-21-2015, 09:23 AM
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

In that pocket I recommend the AEV 2.5" kit. Very complete, well tuned and minimal stock configuration disruption. Ride quality is as good or better than stock. Trail performance is excellent as well.

Jeeps: Where my 401(k) went to die!

Tags
2-1/2" lift , 2.5" lift , best ride , closest to stock , JK Wrangler , review , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in