Auto door lock/unlock issue with JK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 Old 06-15-2009, 08:50 PM
abock33
2001 XJ Cherokee 

3 weeks old and doing the same thing.

Did you figure out what happened? I just bought mine about 3 weeks ago and I've had to reset mine to how I like it 3 times. Sounds like its a common problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 06-16-2009, 12:05 PM
HG97TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by abock33 View Post
Did you figure out what happened? I just bought mine about 3 weeks ago and I've had to reset mine to how I like it 3 times. Sounds like its a common problem.
Nope...still no luck reprogramming it. I was able to program it to NOT automatically lock at 15 mph so now the doors are already unlocked when everyone exists. Works for me. I don't think my kids (5,8) are going to open the door and exit the Jeep at this point. My wife however ...

'13 Unlimited Rubicon - Billet Silver
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2.5" TF coil lift - Bilstein shocks | 35" BFG AT's on AEV Pintlers | TeraFlex HD Monster front track bar | TF Lower control arms | Rugged Ridge XHD winch bumper | Superwinch EP9 | AEV Procal | Cobra CB
post #18 of 23 Old 06-17-2009, 08:21 AM
toyota4x405
2007 JK Wrangler 

I tried to program it so that it would unlock when I opened the driver door. I did the on-off 4 times then hit unlock. I did it twice, never heard a chime or anything (just the doors unlocking) so I gave it. When I drove home and opened the door, they all unlocked. I don't know.

Green Jeep Club Member #254

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Jeep Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTJ View Post
'REAL Jeepers don`t cry about other Jeepers not waving at them!'

post #19 of 23 Old 07-23-2010, 08:26 PM
brokebolt
2007 JK Wrangler 

I did a google search looking for answers and found this;

JK Wrangler Power Locks Tweaks

I know this is kinda old thread but I have have NOTHING but issues with all these problems for three years on my Jeep. Every time the dealer would just reprogram it (no charge, and less then a minute) but they have sense gone out of business.
post #20 of 23 Old 01-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Dworak
2008 JK Wrangler 

Randome unlock operation

I have a 2008 Rubicon (stock) and the locks seem to go back and forth between unlock only driver door / unlock all doors on its own. I have no idea what I am doing to make is switch, but some days it unlocks all doors and some days it only unlocks the door opened. I have never tried any of the referenced key on/off procedures. It has gone back and forth dozens of times since I purchased my Jeep without any intended action from me. Today it is only unlocking only the driver's door. A couple days ago, it was unlocking all doors. Good luck. I just live with it the way it is.
post #21 of 23 Old 01-11-2011, 11:18 PM
TJeeper

That's the way mine works. Completely random, even though I have programmed it several times the way I want it.

Patrick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #22 of 23 Old 01-11-2011, 11:26 PM
wilywillie

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain56 View Post
WOW! 62 looks and not one answer to my question...
use the key
post #23 of 23 Old 12-19-2017, 11:05 AM
jill1106

Door lock/unlock issue

It's most likely the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module). It's the black box under your hood that houses all of your fuses. A shop can run a diagnostic on it and tell you if it's bad.

Tags
door locks , JK Wrangler , power door locks , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in