Anyone know of a 6-way power seat conversion for a 2018 Wrangler Sahara? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-31-2019, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
tpcollins

Anyone know of a 6-way power seat conversion for a 2018 Wrangler Sahara?

Just bought the wife a brand new 2018 Wrangler Sahara - she loves it. But it's got that manual seat crank up on the side and the manual slide for for and aft. She’s 4’10” and I’ll be worn out changing this back and forth whenever I drive it.

Couldn’t find anything online but was wondering if anyone knows of a 6-way electric seat conversion for a Wrangler? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-31-2019, 03:01 PM
jtec
2014 JK Wrangler 

A thought - have you looked under driver seat to see if there are unused harnesses and connectors? Wishful thinking but a thought. As often the wiring is there for the option.

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.
post #3 of 6 Old 06-03-2019, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
tpcollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtec View Post
A thought - have you looked under driver seat to see if there are unused harnesses and connectors? Wishful thinking but a thought. As often the wiring is there for the option.
No unused electrical plugs. There are 2 that are connected that I assume are for the heated seats and seat belt warning light.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-10-2019, 02:19 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
never heard of a Jk with that option. More of a high end SUV thing. the main issue is what seats would even fit and from what vehicle with those options. I know it could be done just a matter of how much is it worth to you. I have a feeling it will be a totally custom job. since the jeep canbus wont support it. It would need a stand alone wiring and fuse etc..

the connections you are correct. one is the latch side seat belt indication. The other is the SRS seat sensor. at least on mine i have no heated seats. there was only those connection on mine. If ou have side air bags that brings in another issue if you change anything. gets complicated with SRS and seats. since anything other then stock may not really be designed for this application?

both are more SRS related. my jeep all that is disconnected. i dont run stock seats or belts, no air bags as well. to much risk off road for those things. I have them go off off road Flush that.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-10-2019, 09:06 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

The way todo it is not to tap into the Canbus system. Instead you will run wiring and relays the old fashioned way. You might have less trouble making seats from a Grand Cherokee fit but that will still be a lot of work and no guarantee of results.

What it comes down to is you can make anything work with enough time effort and money. It is a matter of determining if it is worth it. For example you can install the jet engine from a DC10 aircraft in your Jeep, but it’s an awful lot of modifications to do that.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-12-2019, 01:29 PM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

One of the things I hate most about power seats is how long it takes/ how slow they are to adjust.

Manual sliders are so much simpler and quicker, not to mention easier in that you only have two things to adjust, seat bottom and angle

The only benefit I see w/ 6 way power seats is the memory portion, if you have that setting built in. Otherwise, I'd pass and stay manual

Hoss

If you had to choose between World Peace and a Jeep, what size tires would you run?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in