Anybody recognize these? - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By muddy93

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-02-2020, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
muddy93
2009 JK Wrangler 

Anybody recognize these?

Trying to identify the manufacturer of the front bumper and fender flares on our new(to is) JK.
Flares are metal. Iíve found similar bumpers but they have the hoop welded on, this one is bolted.
Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red 2009 JKU. Needs a little TLC, but it's got good bones, and will be a nice family project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-03-2020, 07:56 AM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

I think those are just the stock fender flares (hacked to bits)?!?

Hoss

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement
post #3 of 8 Old 06-03-2020, 08:31 AM
carlsflh
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Garage

post #4 of 8 Old 06-03-2020, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
muddy93
2009 JK Wrangler 

carlsflh,
thanks. I think you are correct. Not sure how I didn't find that listing earlier, I spent hours searching. I'm trying to find reviews from anyone who has installed and used a winch on this bumper. It has mounting holes for a winch and fairlead, but seeing how thin the metal is (5/32"), I have doubts about how well it would hold up to a tough pull?

JoonHoss,
The flares are most definitely not "cut stockers". They are metal, and have a decently rolled edge. They could be custom, but given that most everything else that the P.O. put on it seems to have come from amazon/ebay, I doubt they spend the $$$ on custom flares.

Red 2009 JKU. Needs a little TLC, but it's got good bones, and will be a nice family project.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-03-2020, 09:19 AM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

Ok, hard to tell from the single pic (on phone screen)!

Do you plan to keep them? No offense meant if you do, I've just never understood the allure of that size/ style for anything used off-road.

Hoss

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement
post #6 of 8 Old 06-03-2020, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
muddy93
2009 JK Wrangler 

I'd ditch the flares all together, but I have to keep reminding myself that this is my wife's jeep, and that she has the final say on "the look" of the jeep. At the moment, she wants me to pull them off, sand and repaint, and then reinstall them. There are several other issues that will be addressed first though. One is the rear bumper/tailgate. The P.O. had the spare 35 mounted to the gate with one of those extension things. The extra weight has just about killed the stock gate hinges, and the stock bumper has a pretty good sized "whoops" on the passenger side. I'm currently shopping for a replacement bumper/ tire carrier combo, and some new gate hinges. This weekends plans include an oil change, and replacing a leaking brake hose. Then next weekend will probably be trans, T-case, and axle fluids.
JoonHoss likes this.

post #7 of 8 Old 06-04-2020, 06:27 PM
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Get the teraflex carrier which has heavy duty hinges that replaces the own ones. Pricey but it is an extremely well made product

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-11-2020, 06:16 AM
jeep63

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
Get the teraflex carrier which has heavy duty hinges that replaces the own ones. Pricey but it is an extremely well made product
Iíll second this advice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

95 YJ-Sold
YJOTM 05/15,05/18

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in