Anti-rock on stock JK? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 05-15-2014, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
willcherokeexj
2014 JK Wrangler 

Anti-rock on stock JK?

I have a JK with stock suspension on 32" BFG MT on moab wheels. Could I get any benefit from installing the anti-rock?

How bad is the on road driving? is there a better option?

2000 XJ - traded in

2014 JK - Willy's Wheeler Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 05-15-2014, 02:44 PM
ben_badassjeeps

There are three different settings that you can set on your Antirock swaybars. Most folks run the 2nd setting which is between soft and hard. On road handling has a little more roll than you might be used to, but once you get used to it, you can set it and forget it. Offroad is where the swaybars shine. You get the off camber stability and loose very little flex.

Lupinsea has a great little article discussing the Antirock system. Check it out here:

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/m...i-rock-132003/

Cheers,

Ben Whitney, Owner
Boss Research Inc.
--------------------------
Phone: 778-435-2169
E-mail:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use the coupon code: "jeepforum2014" for a 5% discount on all of our Currie Enterprises, Genright Offroad, RiverRaider Offroad and RCV Performance Gear!
post #3 of 22 Old 05-15-2014, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
willcherokeexj
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_badassjeeps View Post
There are three different settings that you can set on your Antirock swaybars. Most folks run the 2nd setting which is between soft and hard. On road handling has a little more roll than you might be used to, but once you get used to it, you can set it and forget it. Offroad is where the swaybars shine. You get the off camber stability and loose very little flex.

Lupinsea has a great little article discussing the Antirock system. Check it out here:

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/m...i-rock-132003/
Even the JK versions have adjustment? I doubt it will work with stock suspension right?

2000 XJ - traded in

post #4 of 22 Old 05-15-2014, 02:51 PM
fastfreddie

I'm gonna get 'em front and rear. Even if the JK rolls more with them than it does stock, it'll prolly be a lot less than the amount of roll in my WJ Overland.
As it is, my stock JK(with 315/70-17s on 8.5"wide/4.63"BS wheels) is on rails compared to the WJ. It could stand to be a little sloppy.

Last I checked, fitment is addressed by the length of the adjustable link. There's no mention of minimum or maximum lifts in the details. So, yeah, I'd say they'd fit a stock suspension.
There does not appear to be an adjustment for stiffness on the JK version, however.
Drill a couple holes of your own after checking for any interference. That only provides you the option to make it stiffer, tho'.
Or, maybe you could specify a thinner or thicker torsion bar.

TeraFlex offers a dual-rate version.
post #5 of 22 Old 05-15-2014, 03:03 PM
ben_badassjeeps

Sorry, yes you're right. I was thinking of the TJ version as I typed... the JK version is different and is designed specifically for that Jeep. You should have no problems running the antirocks on a stock JK as Currie designed it specifically to replace the stock setup.

I myself have a 2010 that I'm building and am planning to run the Antirocks on the stock suspension too (at least until I lift the Jeep). The nice thing is you can re-use the same antirock setup whether you are lifted or stock.

Ben Whitney, Owner
Boss Research Inc.
E-mail:

Use the coupon code: "jeepforum2014" for a 5% discount on all of our Currie Enterprises, Genright Offroad, RiverRaider Offroad and RCV Performance Gear!
post #6 of 22 Old 05-15-2014, 03:05 PM
ben_badassjeeps

I suppose you could drill holes, but I have a feeling it's not necessary. Currie has that part dialed in perfectly for the JK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfreddie View Post
I'm gonna get 'em front and rear. Even if the JK rolls more with them than it does stock, it'll prolly be a lot less than the amount of roll in my WJ Overland.
As it is, my stock JK(with 315/70-17s on 8.5"wide/4.63"BS wheels) is on rails compared to the WJ. It could stand to be a little sloppy.

Last I checked, fitment is addressed by the length of the adjustable link. There's no mention of minimum or maximum lifts in the details. So, yeah, I'd say they'd fit a stock suspension.
There does not appear to be an adjustment for stiffness on the JK version, however.
Drill a couple holes of your own after checking for any interference. That only provides you the option to make it stiffer, tho'.
Or, maybe you could specify a thinner or thicker torsion bar.

TeraFlex offers a dual-rate version.

Ben Whitney, Owner
Boss Research Inc.
E-mail:

post #7 of 22 Old 05-15-2014, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
willcherokeexj
2014 JK Wrangler 

The linkage looks HUGE compared to stock though. I am sure it won't fit.

2000 XJ - traded in

post #8 of 22 Old 05-15-2014, 03:40 PM
ben_badassjeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by willcherokeexj View Post
The linkage looks HUGE compared to stock though. I am sure it won't fit.
Just fired off a quick email to my guy at Currie. As soon as I hear back, I'll post up with the definitive answer.

Ben Whitney, Owner
Boss Research Inc.
E-mail:

post #9 of 22 Old 05-15-2014, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
willcherokeexj
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_badassjeeps View Post
Just fired off a quick email to my guy at Currie. As soon as I hear back, I'll post up with the definitive answer.
I was wondering maybe you could use the stock linkage with the anti-rock!

2000 XJ - traded in

post #10 of 22 Old 05-15-2014, 07:00 PM
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The sway bar links are used to adjust for different ride heights and suspension travel length.

2014 Wrangler JKU
2013 Wrangler JK
2004 Wrangler TJ on LEAFS
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
post #11 of 22 Old 05-17-2014, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
willcherokeexj
2014 JK Wrangler 

Any word if you can install with sy
Tovk/ near stock tires?

2000 XJ - traded in

post #12 of 22 Old 05-19-2014, 09:08 PM
ben_badassjeeps

My sales guy at Currie hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'll phone him first thing tomorrow morning and will send you a PM once I know.

Cheers!

Ben Whitney, Owner
Boss Research Inc.
E-mail:

post #13 of 22 Old 05-20-2014, 05:20 AM
JohnnyWhitehead
2011 JK Wrangler 

Can you post the answer here as well? Waiting to hear it too.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!
post #14 of 22 Old 05-20-2014, 12:23 PM
ben_badassjeeps

Will do. I'll have an answer for you all after lunch. Just got a few things to take care of here around the office first.

Ben Whitney, Owner
Boss Research Inc.
E-mail:

post #15 of 22 Old 05-20-2014, 12:50 PM
iwaxmyjimmy

For JKs they have different diameter torsion bars to dial in the setting you'd like. You can buy them separate, don't know if you can exchange them though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in