Alarms.. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-07-2009, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
vesparex

2009 JK Wrangler 

Alarms..

Never been an alarm guy. But want to do something to secure the interior while top and doors are off.
Anyone have opinions or suggestions? I glance and found a couple of alarms with interior sensors for convertables. Anyone have experience with these?

Duane

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-07-2009, 10:06 AM
SigMtnMan
2011 JK Wrangler 

GSD works for mine.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-07-2009, 10:06 AM
BAND-AID
2009 JK Wrangler 

I was an installer for 5 years for car alarms and mobile electronics. In a jeep it is almost not worth it if they want it as with any car they will get in. However with the top off and doors off your presenting a whole new challenge. The only thing my experience can think of would be a the motion sensors I installed in my car. They were a PITA and if I had to do it for someone else they would have been charged up the a$$. just my .02

post #4 of 6 Old 08-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Chris93zj
1993 ZJ 

Yeah, pick the Directed electronics brand of your choice (Clifford, Python, Viper, etc.) and find a 2-way security. Also, have a proximity sensor installed (part # 508d iirc). That will do the monitoring of the air and creates 2 "bubbles" of security. One outer bubble will be a warn away, and once you enter the inner (both are adjustable) bubble, the system sets off fully.

All their accessories are on:
http://www.viper.com/ShopViperProduc...tegoryCode=106

Hope I linked the right page, but it should be. I have the prox sensor, window modules, so I can close windows just by locking the doors (if you've got power windows) or roll them down via an aux function. There's tons of options and uses for most of these sensors/add on's.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-07-2009, 11:37 AM
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

When I walk away from my jeep, I generally just point at it with the key, and yell BEEP BOOP. Most folks that see me do this realize that I'm just crazy enough that they don't want a piece of me.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-07-2009, 11:59 AM
JeepUserName

If you don't keep anything valueable in your Jeep, a regular alarm should be sufficient. If anyone opens the door or tries to start it, the alarm will go off. You can get one with a pager or even go Lojack if you want more security. If you want to store valuables in your Jeep, you can get one of the secure storage systems that go behind the back seat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in