Advice for audio upgrades to Wrangler JK soft-top - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 Old 10-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Psycho-X-Jeep

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg94 View Post
Thanks so much drth20, UTAH, EZFrag and Psycho-x-Jeep! I will never do a sound install myself, wires make my head spin and I'd f it up big time. That being said thanks for the input everyone, I might try the speaker upgrade to start Psycho advised. But then again if the $600 really does the trick and it's done in a day, drth20's advice might be for me. Thanks again all, very much!
Upgrading the speakers should give you a slight bump in sound. If you plan on buying an amp to wake the speakers up I suggest the Alpine KTP-445U over whatever any sound shop is trying to sell you. Its relatively inexpensive, very compact and will definitely make any entry level or mid grade aftermarket speakers sound fantastic. I like alpine amplifiers, but if you find another brand that is similarly priced with similar output, im sure it would be a good choice as well. No need to pay big bucks for a clunky amplifier that takes up unecessary space. Even after the speaker and amp upgrade, you will still be lacking in the low end, so considering a small sub/amp like drth20 suggested migh be next on your list. There are probably plenty of people on this forum that have ditched the factory sub & enclosure, so you might be able to get one on the cheap. I would give you mine if it wasnt in storage at the moment. Wait another month (when I move into my new place) and I might be able to hook you up. It was just collecting dust for the past year anyway.

Call me Eddo
09 JKUR
13 WK2 Trailhawk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 Old 10-05-2015, 07:16 PM
mathetes
2007 WK 

just bought an 07 rubicon. I want to do this too. Thanks for the info

cgkoon
2007 WK 3.0L CRD, Quadradrive II, GDE EcoTune, DPF-Delete,
EHM MOD,
post #18 of 18 Old 10-11-2015, 10:09 PM
rage4order
2015 JK Wrangler 

Subscribed...the system in my YJ sounds better than my JKU's! FYI, I have an Alpine hu and sub amp in my YJ and they kick arse! Definitely would recommend Alpine.

Tags
amp , audio , sound , speakers , subwoofer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in