JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   Adjustable Track Bar with Leveling Kit (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/adjustable-track-bar-leveling-kit-4379991/)

GreekGhost 12-09-2019 09:31 AM

Adjustable Track Bar with Leveling Kit

On my previous JKU, I installed an adjustable track bar along with control arm geometry brackets to compliment a 2.5" lift. This setup gave the Jeep a great ride and ultimately is the end goal for my current Jeep however I am in need of tires but don't have the time to install this involved of a kit.

I am looking at doing a leveling kit (AEV or TeraFlex) to fit a set of LT295/70R18 tires as a short term solution until summer when I have better weather / time to install the full suspension kit, geometry brackets, and track bars.

Will these budget type lifts cause enough of a shift in the axles to require an adjustable track bar to be installed to bring them back under center? This is a short term lift at the end of the day but I do have concerns about these budget lifts altering the geometry enough to cause issues in handling. Thanks in advance!

222Doc 12-09-2019 09:46 AM

depends on what is a lot to you. i would guess its about a 1/4" + from center at 2.5" of lift. can not see needing drop brackets at 2.5". those are more for the 3.5 + lifts and even they dont need them and you loose ground clearance as well of 3". Those things can really hang a jeep up too. I have seen many times where someone tries to get over a rock ledge and the drop brackets hang them up. MOre so try to back off. since they create a 3" dead stop going back.

Biggest ride issue is not the arms angle but shocks and then PSI in the tires.

Kolak 12-10-2019 12:05 AM

I agree - no need for drop brackets or adjustable trackbars with a mild, budget boost style spacer lift.

The Teraflex kit would be excellent. Their components are very high quality.

Let me know if I can assist. I'm a Teraflex dealer and have various shock brands available too, such as the Bilstein 5100 series.

You can PM me here on the forum or email me at [email protected]

GreekGhost 12-10-2019 04:14 AM

Thanks for the responses. I understand control arm brackets arenít necessary. My main concern is with the track bar and needing an adjustable track bar to correct the shift in the axle due to the lift. From what I can tell, this may be a minor issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpd2434 12-10-2019 05:33 PM

I have the Teraflex spring leveling kit and didn't need an adjustable track bar for the minimal lift. Teraflex may make other good products but my rear springs sagged badly. I had to add 1" spacers to bring it back to level. Now it's starting to sag more in the back and I'm thinking of replacing the whole kit. When I called their tech. support originally, the guy told me that that not all their kits give the same amount of lift. Rather than helping with the spring issue, he suggested adding 1" spacers in the rear. So like an idiot, that's exactly what I did and spent the extra money for their spacers plus more for the installation just to "level a leveling kit" I can't recommend them.

Kolak 12-11-2019 01:47 AM

That's very unusual for Teraflex - both in terms of the odd response to your issue and to the sagging. Teraflex springs have never had sagging issues.

How long ago did you purchase your kit? Are the springs technically still under warranty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpd2434 (Post 40815179)
I have the Teraflex spring leveling kit and didn't need an adjustable track bar for the minimal lift. Teraflex may make other good products but my rear springs sagged badly. I had to add 1" spacers to bring it back to level. Now it's starting to sag more in the back and I'm thinking of replacing the whole kit. When I called their tech. support originally, the guy told me that that not all their kits give the same amount of lift. Rather than helping with the spring issue, he suggested adding 1" spacers in the rear. So like an idiot, that's exactly what I did and spent the extra money for their spacers plus more for the installation just to "level a leveling kit" I can't recommend them.

mpd2434 12-11-2019 02:51 PM

I purchased them in October of 2018 so I doubt they would be under warranty now

mpd2434 12-11-2019 02:55 PM

I have a 2dr with no extra weight in the rear of the Jeep. If anything my front steel bumper with 10,000lb winch should drop the front down some but those springs are fine.

Kolak 12-12-2019 12:57 AM

They would appear to be covered under their lifetime warranty:

https://teraflex.com/policies

I would suggest first checking with the original place of purchase and see if they will handle the warranty for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpd2434 (Post 40816149)
I purchased them in October of 2018 so I doubt they would be under warranty now

mpd2434 12-12-2019 08:56 AM

Kodak, do you know if that would cover labor for replacing them? I didn't see it in the warranty section. If not I can call them.

Kolak 12-13-2019 12:53 AM

Labor is generally not covered as part of the warranty. I say "generally" because I've seen some manufacturers cover it on a case by case basis in really extreme situations, such as a newly installed engine dynamiting. I doubt they would cover it in this case but the parts sure should be covered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpd2434 (Post 40816763)
Kodak, do you know if that would cover labor for replacing them? I didn't see it in the warranty section. If not I can call them.

mpd2434 12-13-2019 07:11 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll check with them but if that's the case I doubt I'll pay for labor to replace them and take a chance on it happening again. I've already paid twice, springs then spacers, I'll probably go back to an AEV lift. Had theirs on 2 prior jeeps with good ride and no sag.

The time now is 05:27 PM.