3.6 Alluminum Oil Filter Housing - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-20-2021, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
DocAdams1
2016 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I just wanted to give the possible good news. Dorman is bringing an alluminum housing to market for the 3.6. Here is a link to the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRKJAL1a37o

It looks like it is a transfer the oil cooler/sensor situation.

What are your thoughts? I am interested and will likely go ahead and buy one and install it at the 100k service.

Did some part shopping, looks like it is around ~200 for the part. PN 926-876.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-21-2021, 04:26 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
i have heard about this. Fiat should just let China make the 3.6. Dorman makes some other stuff too for the 3.6 replacing other plastic bits as well. all alloy not plastic junk...

When mine goes it will go Dorman for sure. 100k? LOL mine never made it past 20k and needed a head so how many miles can they go? well mine did 20k from new. Very little faith in these, none really. Less in Fiat...

Though will bet Fiat sees that part it will be the end of a warranty. Not that it matters to those that are past that stuff anyway..

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-21-2021, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
DocAdams1
2016 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I am at 95k now. I daily drove and wheeled on the weekend. I have not really had any problems with mine. I do my own maintenance though so that may have something to do with it. Mine is also a 16 so many issues were already worked out.

post #4 of 6 Old 07-22-2021, 08:20 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm at 110K now. Yes, at 25K I had a head replaced but I have not had any other issues since then. Changed the plugs at 105K, which is normal maintenance. Change oil every 5K. Wheel the crap out of it.

02 WJ Laredo, heavily optioned but stock
12 JK, 3.5" Teraflex/Franken lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #5 of 6 Old 07-22-2021, 08:30 AM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocAdams1 View Post
I am at 95k now. I daily drove and wheeled on the weekend. I have not really had any problems with mine. I do my own maintenance though so that may have something to do with it. Mine is also a 16 so many issues were already worked out.
has nothing to do with the issue of poorly made parts. That part cracks, leaks its plastic in place that gets extremely hot.

No the 16s have the same issue even the new ones still do. same part, same bat channel.........

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

post #6 of 6 Old 07-22-2021, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
DocAdams1
2016 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Yes it is plastic, and I am swapping mine along with the coolant crossover tube. When I was saying some of the issues were worked out I was referring to the head issue.

Plastic parts in general are not a great idea in my opinion. Being that I turn my own wrenches I have been careful not to break things.

Does anyone know where to find a metal thermostat housing?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in