2014 JK codes galore - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-03-2020, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Mjmmkerr
2004 WJ 

Garage
2014 JK codes galore

So I tried searching and I am guessing that I don't know how to search, since nothing came up for all of the codes I am showing. It could be coincidental that all are on at the same time, or it is representative of one or two bigger issues.

My son brought home his 2014 JK supposedly Freedom Edition with 106k miles. I haven't been able to find much info on that year's package though. 3.6l, manual 6 speed trans. Around a 4" lift with 35's mounted. I haven't been around my son's jeep for a while so who knows how long the CEL has been on. He just drove from Virginia to Michigan in it with "no issues". He took our truck and drove it out to California so I could have some "alone time" with his Jeep. He bought the Jeep with everything modified already so none of his blood or sweat poured into it. It appears most of the mods are Poison Spyder, with the diffs regeared to 4.88. I don't know who's lift kit is in it. Original owner left the Dana 30 in it, so with the 35's there isn't a front diff left in it really. That is a different project though. Gotta get it running properly first. In addition to the CEL being on, the oil pressure light (red oil can) is coming on and going off while driving along with a ding each time it changes state. TPMS light is on which I think has been on since he bought it. I don't think the tires have sensors in them to tell the truth. Not sure what else is on. I pulled the codes and here is what I found.

Vehicle VIN: 1C4BJWDG5EL______
Vehicle Manufacturer: Chrysler
Vehicle Calibration ID: 68192936AI
I

Current Fault Log
------------------
P0344: Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit Intermittent (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)
P0365: Camshaft Position Sensor "B" Circuit (Bank 1)
P0369: Camshaft Position Sensor "B" Circuit Intermittent (Bank 1)
P06DD: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P1524: [Jeep] Throttle Closed Position Performance

Pending Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no pending faults

Historic Fault Log
------------------
C0406: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0303: Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected
Other discovered fault codes
(possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
----------------------------------------------------
B3003: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web

End of report.

My concern is these are all on at once. Should I be looking at each individually? Or start with a certain one troubleshooting? Does one drive the rest or a certain issue driving everything wrong and it is totally something else that I need to look at. I have read some information saying only use MOPAR oil filters, and I don't know what he used on his last oil change. Is the use of other brands really that big of an issue? What should I be looking for for these codes and what should I be troubleshooting?

My first JK to work on. My rig is WJ.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-03-2020, 02:19 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
P06DD is the infamous oil pump issue.

you can try a FOPAR filter. I use wix since day one back when new. Just be sure its the correct one as they have change design like one changes socks. care when doing the filter as its plastic and is well known to crack. easy to cross thread and over tighten.

Nothing on these is simple when it comes to the 3.6. changing plugs is a rather major job. heck even changing the belt is more work then one would ever think.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-07-2020, 09:32 AM
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

2010 JK Wrangler 

Ignore the TPMS light.

TC0406 is probably the gas cap is NG and needs to be replaced.

Do you know what was good about the good old days? I wasn't good, And I wasn't old!

Senators and Congressman should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors....

post #4 of 9 Old 08-07-2020, 09:39 AM
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

2010 JK Wrangler 

Check the wiring going to the camshaft position sensor and the plug.

Do you know what was good about the good old days? I wasn't good, And I wasn't old!

Senators and Congressman should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors....
post #5 of 9 Old 08-07-2020, 09:40 AM
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

2010 JK Wrangler 

https://www.engine-codes.com/p06dd_chrysler.html

post #6 of 9 Old 08-10-2020, 08:23 PM
Priusron

How is the battery. If it is weak it can cause a lot of codes that will clear when replaced.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-11-2020, 06:05 AM
jtec
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

think positive - active codes are 2 issues, 1st group is B1 CMP sensor. 2nd is oil pressure related.
There was a RECALL #V51, has your jeep had this looked at?

As mentioned by 'laybackman' ck connector and wiring, passenger side rear.
P0344: Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit Intermittent (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)
P0365: Camshaft Position Sensor "B" Circuit (Bank 1)
P0369: Camshaft Position Sensor "B" Circuit Intermittent (Bank 1)

follow 222Doc advice above.
P06DD : Engine Oil Pressure Control Circuit Performance/Stuck Off
P1524 : OIL PRESSURE OUT OF RANGE - CAMSHAFT ADVANCE/RETARD DISABLED

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-13-2020, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Mjmmkerr
2004 WJ 

Garage
All good advice. I will pick up a MOPAR oil filter, and then check the wiring for issues and go from there. I will let you know what I find. I am not sure of the age of the battery. I will check that as well and have it tested. Thanks.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-17-2020, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Mjmmkerr
2004 WJ 

Garage
Battery seems fine. Vehicle off voltage was at 12.4V and some change. Vehicle on 14.09V.

Tags
2014 , p0344 , p0365 , p06dd , p1524

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in