2014 grinds in 5rh gear sometimes - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-14-2014, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

2014 grinds in 5rh gear sometimes

Hey guys on my jeep jk sometimes when I shift to 5th gear it grinds a bit then goes into gear, when cold it has happend once or twice when fully warm... I only got 1700kms still is this normal?

I always depress the clutch all the way I don't shift half way on the clutch or anything.

Yes I do know how to drive a manual lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-14-2014, 02:29 PM
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

No. Common but not normal. My 2012 manual trans had 4th gear synchro problems right out of the gate and the dealership finally rebuilt it under warranty. Common issue in this trans unfortunately.

However to get it fixed its probably going to have to be obvious when you bring it in.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-14-2014, 04:15 PM
jm708
2014 JK Wrangler 

My 2014 does it upon occasion from 2nd to 3rd. I just figured it was me but I have driven stick since I was 14 and I'm 32 now. I have just over 500 miles on it now so I guess Ill have to pay more attention to it.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-14-2014, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

Well it does it every 5 shifts or so, another thing I have noticed is it has slipped from 4th gear like 4 times now and it just happend to me after I made this post, it slips then stays in to gear kibda like its like grrrrrrrrr I push in the clutch right away or put it out of gear right away has any one had this problem too?

I'm sure if I take it to the dealer it won't happen and they will just tell me nothibgs wrobg and it might just be me....
post #5 of 6 Old 03-14-2014, 07:28 PM
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moezer
Well it does it every 5 shifts or so, another thing I have noticed is it has slipped from 4th gear like 4 times now and it just happend to me after I made this post, it slips then stays in to gear kibda like its like grrrrrrrrr I push in the clutch right away or put it out of gear right away has any one had this problem too?

I'm sure if I take it to the dealer it won't happen and they will just tell me nothibgs wrobg and it might just be me....
Yeah mine would grind into and frequently pop out of fourth gear.
I learned to "work around it" more or less for quite a while. Then I let a friend use the jeep and he called me saying "wtf is wrong with this trans?!" So yeah, made an appointment and the tech had problems with it immediately.

Again it seems really common and I'm sure they are use to seeing them come in for that.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-14-2014, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

Well that's good to hear that its bot just ne going crazy lol ill wait tell it gets worse maybe I'm going to them them know about the problem tho

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in